The Great 2020 Quarantine Build-Off?

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Hmm, too bad. You could use some epoxy to glue two wires together...
I could use landing gear wire, but the thin stuff is on back order on the ft store and I don't feel like spending $10 on wire anyway. The issue is that I had to go further out from the wing root than you did to get past the popsicle stick I had glued to the top for the rubber bands. In retrospect I should've just cut the popsicle stick shorter.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Got the little Jug all painted up...
20200521_181541.jpg

Was thinking of putting decals on it, like the Star and Bars over the tail stripes or even sharks teeth up front, but that would just add more weight
20200521_181629.jpg

I will say it did turn out pretty sweet, and straight from all visual angles, now just to fly it, that will be the real story

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Got the little Jug all painted up... View attachment 169607
Was thinking of putting decals on it, like the Star and Bars over the tail stripes or even sharks teeth up front, but that would just add more weight
View attachment 169608
I will say it did turn out pretty sweet, and straight from all visual angles, now just to fly it, that will be the real story
I dig it! What motor are you going to fly it off of?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have been looking at some higher Kv 2205-2207, probably 2300kv at the lowest. Which brings to mind actually I have a crapload of 0645's to use up, I might be good to go on 3s
Sweet - I just picked up two of the ft radial 2206 2500kv motors that were on sale.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I've got a frankenplane thing that weighs just a hair over 250g fully loaded. I made it from an old(custom) stick plane's stick and tail feathers. It flew pretty good when I maidened it today, but have since added features(paint on the tail feathers and a circular prop guard that also supports the nose a bit). it looks pretty odd, but is easy and smooth to fly. I'll take some pics soon and post it.

bracesport

Legendary member
@BATTLEAXE - Nice to see you are continuing to set new standards with each build! :D

Got the little Jug all painted up... View attachment 169607
View attachment 169608