The Great 2020 Quarantine Build-Off?

Wildthing

Legendary member
Awesome, it's off to a great start!! I really like what you did with the tail alignment - mind if I add that to the plans? :)

Of course, no problem at all. Because the fuse does angle in it just needs to be a short register, if you go to long you won't get the horizontal in without a big fight.
How do you keep the wing centered left to right? That is why I made that little plate to glue to the bottom of the wing, it will sit inbetween the rails of the fuse securing the wing from moving side to side.

Hoomi

Master member
I might end up with a Tiny Trainer and a Versawing to build, as my coworker bought the SBKs for both of those, and kind of lost interest, so he offered them to me. Might take him up on the offer, build them, and then see if I can get him interested in trying to fly the TT after it's built.

Figure9

Elite member
My shop is technically big enough to fit a full size Corsair in, but is currently filled with racecars.

Might have to kick a car out to see how deep this rabbit hole goes...

123" span would be quarter scale, I'm currently around 96".

(y)(y)(y) Not too different from me. I build motorcycles & my garage is my shop, it’s full of old bikes, a lift, parts & tools. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Of course, no problem at all. Because the fuse does angle in it just needs to be a short register, if you go to long you won't get the horizontal in without a big fight.
How do you keep the wing centered left to right? That is why I made that little plate to glue to the bottom of the wing, it will sit in between the rails of the fuse securing the wing from moving side to side.
Great! I just eyeballed it and used the rubber bands to keep it in place, but seems like the alignment plate would be another good thing to add!

Vimana89

Legendary member
Super windy most of the day. Went down to about 10 MPH earlier so I maidened the new tandem. It flew decent but has a bit of trim issues and such that need dialing in. From what I can tell, it will fly great once that's settled. It loops, it rolls,it has a good speed envelope and great elevator punchout despite slightly limited throws, and it doesn't display wing rock tendencies or anything like that. It also seems to get decently efficient flight time on an 850 3s, despite being a bit heavier and draggier than the flat plate Tandem made from regular Adams foam that preceded it. Also, my 25 sheets of FT brown foam and new parts are here...time to decide what to build next:unsure:

Vimana89

Legendary member
Thinking of what to do with that "old" B pack motor and big slow fly props(I got 10x4.5 and 8x6 slow flyer props either here or on the way still). Not sure if I want something high-alpha floaty, or stable floaty. I'm looking at some options with a long span that are kind of planky, I'll check which forum member designed it again, but the "Long Wing Sparrow" looks cool, or something along those lines. Maybe I'll make a big span trapezoidal flying wing plank, or a swept wing slow cruiser. Lots of neat options.

Michael9865

Elite member
Had fun with the Flite Test YouTube build along. #PlanedemicBuilding

EC837AB5-D589-42E3-80AD-1977D5155E00.jpeg 03FA5F11-0CC1-41C6-8C4D-D1A5A4A7484A.jpeg