The Great 2020 Quarantine Build-Off?

Wildthing

Legendary member
This is ‘The Dink’

I thought I already posted the video but now I can’t find it. That being said, I am internet challenged.
‘The Dink’ is all done now, it’s going to be weird for me because all I have for a transmitter is the one the original micro-toy came with left stick rudder & throttle, right stick elevator & no way to change it. At least it has trim buttons. I tried to bind it with my DX6e but no joy. Maybe it’ll train me to use the rudder properly with my 4 channel builds.

You know what I think it is good that they put the rudder where it is suppose to be, on the left stick. I don't believe in the 3 channel setup you guys do, you , you learn it backwards and then when you want to go to 4 channel it is harder.

OliverW

Legendary member
New build done 🤣🤣
20200325_222046.jpg

Figure9

Elite member
You know what I think it is good that they put the rudder where it is suppose to be, on the left stick. I don't believe in the 3 channel setup you guys do, you , you learn it backwards and then when you want to go to 4 channel it is harder.

Flying ’The Dink’ will be remedial training for me. So far, after upgrading to 4 channel all I’ve done is bank & yank.

perhapsleiana

Elite member
I started on full scale planes, I actually can't fly bank and yank well. That's why I crashed my Arrowhead, I couldn't fly without the rudder.
You'll love my Arwing design- it's technically bank and yank but the elevons have enough anhedral to give it converse yaw for days! It's very responsive in the air. Also, for planes that are normally bank and yank only, you can add a little thrust yaw, either diffy thrust or vectoring.

Michael9865

Elite member
Well I bought 3 planes today! A umx T-28, a umx Sukhoi, and a umx 4site! They all need a bit of work but I’ll fix them one at a time as I get the funds. I'm pretty stoked for them to arrive!

I like the looks of the umx 4-site. I have a umx Sukhoi that I bought, it needed repairs when I bought it. I still need to repair it, the parts are all here now.