The Great 2020 Quarantine Build-Off?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
@BATTLEAXE - the jug looks awesome! Is it a downscaled version of the MS or your own design? If downscaled, how much did you downscale it and whats the wingspan?
Thanks man. I really like it for its size at 24.5" wingspan. Not my design, wish it was. This belongs to @MiniacRC, he has a few designs all in the mini size from a Stuka and a B-25 to an FW 190 i am building now...
20200522_144423.jpg

The fuse and cowl took some time this afternoon, since its been raining for two days, burned up some quality build time. Then a couple hours after dinner I got the wing done...
20200522_193810.jpg

I took some liberties on the aileron cut outs, they were supposed to be trimmed from the both top and bottom panels, effectively making them 2 layers, or 1.5 layers because of the taper in the bottom panel. I cut out the control surfaces from the simple one layer design we are used to from FT. I figured since the wing tips were under cambered it just made sense. I am setting this up as a 3 channel just like the P-47, from the release video it looks like this plane has some speed potential. Judging by the way this is turning out it is definitely heading in that direction

Michael9865

Elite member
Just built a (Das) Little Stick Parkflyer from wacoflyer‘s plans.
Hopefully the electronics will be here early this week. On a side note, I am running out of room in my small two bedroom place. 😳 🙃 Time to hang some more planes on the walls. 😃

View attachment 162747 View attachment 162748

Maiden went well. She flew twice and only needed a couple clicks of trim. It was nice to fly at the field today. My Emax 1806 2300kv must be getting tired, I swapped it out for a new 2204 2300kv tonight. Hopefully I can get video proof of flight tomorrow.

29370DEF-367B-4F08-9A71-2E79DCF12E31.jpeg

chris398mx

Master member
Thanks man. I really like it for its size at 24.5" wingspan. Not my design, wish it was. This belongs to @MiniacRC, he has a few designs all in the mini size from a Stuka and a B-25 to an FW 190 i am building now... View attachment 169723
The fuse and cowl took some time this afternoon, since its been raining for two days, burned up some quality build time. Then a couple hours after dinner I got the wing done... View attachment 169724
I took some liberties on the aileron cut outs, they were supposed to be trimmed from the both top and bottom panels, effectively making them 2 layers, or 1.5 layers because of the taper in the bottom panel. I cut out the control surfaces from the simple one layer design we are used to from FT. I figured since the wing tips were under cambered it just made sense. I am setting this up as a 3 channel just like the P-47, from the release video it looks like this plane has some speed potential. Judging by the way this is turning out it is definitely heading in that direction
you are going to put the RimFire on that tiny plane? Wow. if you can get it to balance, it should be a rocket.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
The Quarantine has been lifted in my state Hootie Hooo hope you all get off house arrest soon too and Im almost finished the latest and last build for a while... my SkyExplorer

A mashup of the Explorer fuse, modified 5ft Armin wing with carbon fiber spar, spoliers/flaps, and a box tail design like the Sky Hunter, but mine will have dual rudders
its currently masked up for paint and I will maiden it Monday if I can, with a flysky FS-i6 RX & TX
then I will pull the receiver and replace it with all the goodies I have for this bird....also redesigning a new nose piece better suited to accommodate the FPV video equipment

Taranis QX7 TX
R9M long range receiver
variometer sensor & current sensor for telemetry
Sparrow GPS Flight controller with RTH
5.5V Ubec regulator
Turnigy servo speed controller

Caddix Tarsier 4K video cam
2 axis pan and tilt camera gimbals
Second video cam in the belly with video switch to choose cam views
1 watt TBS video TX
Tarrot OSD
Aerosky 3433 840kv Motor
Skywalker 4s 40A UBEC
5000mah 4s Lipos .....weight 1.1lbs

I will video the maiden in the event of unexpected catastrophic failure :cool:

SkyExplorer.jpg

Last edited:

perhapsleiana

Elite member

perhapsleiana

Elite member
Thanks man. I really like it for its size at 24.5" wingspan. Not my design, wish it was. This belongs to @MiniacRC, he has a few designs all in the mini size from a Stuka and a B-25 to an FW 190 i am building now... View attachment 169723
The fuse and cowl took some time this afternoon, since its been raining for two days, burned up some quality build time. Then a couple hours after dinner I got the wing done... View attachment 169724
wait, I see elevator and rudder and aileron cutouts, but 3 channel?