The Grim Reaper may fly again!

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
awesome. I have had a CTH scythe for a while and love it so i just ordered a reaper XL. cant wait to start on it.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Well- been away for a while but I hope you built it ;)
Yes I have a couple of Scythes too- they are the only CTH planes where I find I need (or like) to use expo on :cool:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
The Scythe is an awesome plane. Fast and I like to fly it to warm up for my aileron planes.

The Grim Reaper is the undisputed king of combat.

The Grim Reaper XL is an awsome plane and can be set up to fly rock steady for an FPV platform.

Hope you built it and enjoy it.

Would love to see a flight report.

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
I have a EPP wing, a HK slope soarer 1000mm one that took a bad hit today when I taught my self to fly Mode 1 (coming from 3 years of mode 2) and let a mate have a go- :black_eyed:

You have inspired me to see what I can make of it!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Awesome, can't wait to see it when you are done!
EPP is unique in the way it can be glued back together.
Sometimes can't even tell where the rip was after the glue cures.
I like Gorilla Glue white for these kind of repairs.
My newest trick is to mix a little water into it and let it begin to expand, then work it into the cracks and then scrape off as much of the expanding foam as possible.
I also find Gorilla Glue to be really nasty stuff. Lately I wear rubber gloves whenever I use it and if (seems like I always do) I get some on my skin I wash it off before it sets with alcohol.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
I did get my reaper going. Great flying wing. I set it up as mainly line of sight for myself, but my buddy puts his fpv on it via velcro when he comes over and it works great for that as well. At flitefest west i put it in a couple combats and it did great. Cut a FT guinea pig in half. After several more crashes, mostly caused by me loosing sight of my plane in the mess of planes in the sky, i did break it a slightly in a few places but easily fixed. Since i had it on the workbench i decided to test out my first inav on it, so thats its setup right now. Havent flow it yet with inav.

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

Now i need a new wing for combat at this years ffw. Been looking at the crashtesthobbies Titan as this years combat ship.

abieex

Mentor
I have the Reaper XL, Asassin, Pinata and two Sythes. I cant tell how many full throttle crashes they have had but all still look and fly extremely well. CTH has the right formula. Bringing all mine to FF this year.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Is there a date and a venue for ffw yet this year. I'd love to make it with a stack of combat planes and some other stuff.