The Hangar’s 2020 builds

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hey guys, so I decided to make a thread for this year’s builds. I’m going to start off by saying I have an issue right now, and that is having too many planes. I know, right - that can’t be an issue! But it is, for me at least. I don’t have enough gear or space for all the planes I have, and as it is, my boneyard and work desk are crowded with planes. And with the ever growing list of planes I want to build, I’m getting worried lol. Soooo, for 2020 I’m going to limit myself to 1 plane a month. What this will allow me to do is to raise the quality of my builds and really get it done right. If I need parts to complete a build, I can order them specifically for that build. What I’ve been doing now is just get stuff, often with builds in mind, and hope that when I get to a project, I’ll have the stuff I need. So another thing is that I don’t really get rid of old planes. If they are in good condition but I’m retiring them, then they go into the boneyard. If they are totaled I remove all the stuff of value from them then toss them. But as it is, I’m really happy with all the planes I have at the moment, so I don’t want to retire any of them! And I have a big build list for 2020, so that’s why I’m starting the one build per month. However 2 months will be an exception: June and July. July is the month of Flitefest and I’m going to be building like crazy there, and in June, the month leading up to ff, I’m going to be collaborating with @Grifflyer to make something huge and cool fly at ff. One plan I have for this year is to design a T-28 Trojan! It’s a plane I’ve wanted to see in foam board for a while, and now that I’ve had a little more experience using
Adobe illustrator, I think I’m ready to tackle it! I’m not sure if I’ll do it a master series or a box style with a poster board or foam board canopy. I’m hoping to get plans out and a have a bunch of people to build them and take them to Flitefest Ohio 2020. Then I can see them and we can do T-28 formation! Let me know if you’re interested.

Here’s my list of builds I want to do. They are not in any particular order, but I do plan on doing the first three first.
  • Valiant restoration
  • Mini 74% edge
  • P-38
  • Corsair
  • P-47
  • F-18
  • Sportster
  • MS Spitfires @Grifflyer ’s and the new ft one’s
Thanks for reading!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hey guys, so I decided to make a thread for this year’s builds. I’m going to start off by saying I have an issue right now, and that is having too many planes. I know, right - that can’t be an issue! But it is, for me at least. I don’t have enough gear or space for all the planes I have, and as it is, my boneyard and work desk are crowded with planes. And with the ever growing list of planes I want to build, I’m getting worried lol. Soooo, for 2020 I’m going to limit myself to 1 plane a month. What this will allow me to do is to raise the quality of my builds and really get it done right. If I need parts to complete a build, I can order them specifically for that build. What I’ve been doing now is just get stuff, often with builds in mind, and hope that when I get to a project, I’ll have the stuff I need. So another thing is that I don’t really get rid of old planes. If they are in good condition but I’m retiring them, then they go into the boneyard. If they are totaled I remove all the stuff of value from them then toss them. But as it is, I’m really happy with all the planes I have at the moment, so I don’t want to retire any of them! And I have a big build list for 2020, so that’s why I’m starting the one build per month. However 2 months will be an exception: June and July. July is the month of Flitefest and I’m going to be building like crazy there, and in June, the month leading up to ff, I’m going to be collaborating with @Grifflyer to make something huge and cool fly at ff. One plan I have for this year is to design a T-28 Trojan! It’s a plane I’ve wanted to see in foam board for a while, and now that I’ve had a little more experience using
Adobe illustrator, I think I’m ready to tackle it! I’m not sure if I’ll do it a master series or a box style with a poster board or foam board canopy. I’m hoping to get plans out and a have a bunch of people to build them and take them to Flitefest Ohio 2020. Then I can see them and we can do T-28 formation! Let me know if you’re interested.

Here’s my list of builds I want to do. They are not in any particular order, but I do plan on doing the first three first.
  • Valiant restoration
  • Mini 74% edge
  • P-38
  • Corsair
  • P-47
  • F-18
  • Sportster
Thanks for reading!
F-18? will that be your own design?

mach1 rc

Master member
Oh that's so cool your doing a T-28 this is mine it is one of the best flying master series planes I've ever built
Resized_20200105_195431.jpeg

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I know the feeling! Only in my case it's planes, Quads, Tricopters, Bicopters, signlecopters, Octocopters, bicycles, etc....

Must....

Quit....

Buying/Starting....

Stuff!

My main focus is shifting over to wings because of the increased flight time. If I can get the LOS thing down, I'm golden!

Cheers!
LitterBug

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I didn't see the T-28 on the list when are you building that?
I’m not sure. I’m going to take more than a month to build it and I will probably build several of them as I tweak it, so I’m just going to work on it when I have time, and not count it as one of my monthly builds. Same with the 2D 3D bipe I designed. It’s under my build table awaiting two servos, a motor/esc, and calm weather to test it in.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I just "remodeled" my office, I know the feeling. I've been working on some better storage for my finished models. I like being able to grab one off a shelf and walk out the back door and go for a spin. That gets hard when you have to pull a flier from an avalanche of planes and spare parts!

I have no desire to limit my fleet, as with any true addict, "I have not yet begun to defile myself!"

I admire your responsible, measured approach, but I really think you should join us in the little build off! 😁

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ftfc20-build-ruary-build-challenge.61151/

you want them flying by the time good weather hits this spring right!? That's my excuse anyway! 😄

20200106_075838.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
@Hondo76251 i’m actually considering joining the build-ruary! I have several projects I’ve got cut out or partially finished that I could use for it. The 1 build a month isn’t a hard fast rule, it’s just a way to let me spend more time on projects and focus on quality over quantity.

mach1 rc

Master member

• Valiant restoration
  • Mini 74% edge
  • P-38
  • Corsair
  • P-47
  • F-18
  • Sportster
Thanks for reading!
Hey I just realized something🤔 why isn't the sea angel on the list?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I see you sticking to and finishing your list in the first 3 months of 2020 and then you will have your list built. Then there will be a whole army of other builds that are gonna make up for the rest of the year :LOL::ROFLMAO: