The Hangar Rc question

Sturg

Hello all,

So this company the Hanger RC they have the HRC line. I noticed the builds they have so far are very closely related to FT builds. Are they associated with FT or did they steal the idea or what is the difference with The Hangar RC and FT? Just kinda curious is all.

FDS

Elite member
It’s just someone who likes making planes out of foamboard, there’s lots of other individuals and groups who design foamboard planes, like Nerdnic, Airpirates and others, many of them are on here!

Justa kid

Not really all that similar if you follow there facebook page youl see tgat they are doing some more advanced stuff live there RV7 that there realising. Also if you look at there models tgey have skins that you put on them which will reinforce the plane aswell as give it colour.

west starr

Hello all,

So this company the Hanger RC they have the HRC line. I noticed the builds they have so far are very closely related to FT builds. Are they associated with FT or did they steal the idea or what is the difference with The Hangar RC and FT? Just kinda curious is all.

ok the simple answer is no. not part of ft but as most designs use and follow the basic ft layout, if you have noticed from a lot of designers as is easy for most beginners to learn basic skills and if you are really paying attention a recent designer actually worked with hrc before going over to fc and ft also promotes and wants others to take their basic layouts and expand and design their own and yes i have built and flown from both companies

Jdd0528

Good Day all. My is josh and I am a beta builder for The Hangar RC. The Hangar went public back in Mar 2019. Their first plane is the HRC Vulture and from what I have seen in both FT and HRC, the plane has a very different shape to anything that FT has. Tho also keep in mind that we are all working with foam board and really how many different ways can an airframe be made and not have someone come along and say they ripped off an idea? The Hangar is also weeks away from releasing its second plane the HRC Seven which I have personally seen nothing like it from anyone in reguards to be being made from Foam board. Sam Platt is a great honest guy who does all he can to make sure he and his design team are not lifting ideas from other companies but again it's foam board. Sam has great respect for Josh Bixler and like myself, owes Josh for show us all its possible to get into this hobby in a cost effective way. Sam goal is only to add alittle friendly competition to the hobby world and try to give ali

jpot1

Elite member
My 2 cents...like Josh I am a beta builder for Hangar RC. Fundamentally foamboard planes have been around for years and many of the concepts have existed for quite a while, just look on rcgroups. I have found the Hangar RC folks to be a stand up group with the same values as the FT team - a love of flight and family. Just like FT, plans are free and they offer pre-cut kits. The differentiator is they also offer optional skins. In some cases multiple designs for the same airframe and in some cases the ability to personalize a skin - a cool concept.

There is more than enough room in the hobby for additional innovators that follow the free plans model with optional for purchase items.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
a little birdie told me FT is working on printing skins directly onto the foam. no skinning requird, plus will have multiple choices per plane once they get going.

prob be a bit before kits are available but i know the art work on a few has begun.