The HARD Questions!

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
This thread is for the hard questions you think I'm not willing to answer. Give it shot!
Our sponsored episodes are sometimes limited regarding what we share. But, this forum is ours! We can share whatever we feel comfortable sharing. Maybe you want to know why there are planes on the wall that never get reviewed. Or why Josh Bixler is so positive all the time.

So ask away!

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Who's the next sponsor you guys are schmoozing? Tower Hobbies?

The truth is... nobody.
We don't have the time or resources to take on more work. We're already having trouble keeping up with two sponsors. I've been focusing my time and energy into build the new site... you guys will LOVE IT!

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
So why are there planes on the wall that never get reviewed?

There are many reasons for not reviewing many of the planes sitting around. Sometimes we just don't like it. Sometimes the sponsor changed their mind. Or we just don't feel like it's worth it. Sometimes we like it a lot but nobody wants to sponsor it.
One thing I want people to know... If we hate it, we're not going to go through the effort of making a whole show about a plane that sucks.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
There are many reasons for not reviewing many of the planes sitting around. Sometimes we just don't like it. Sometimes the sponsor changed their mind. Or we just don't feel like it's worth it. Sometimes we like it a lot but nobody wants to sponsor it.
One thing I want people to know... If we hate it, we're not going to go through the effort of making a whole show about a plane that sucks.

oh, now I get it. And thanks, it's good to have a reviewer we can trust!

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Does each sponsor have to approve each video before you upload it? Do they require you to edit out much content that might point to negatively toward a product? I'm assuming so since you mentioned HH didn't want to see the cell tower incident in the video.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Does each sponsor have to approve each video before you upload it?
No. Although, we are required to make corrections or remove anything FACTUALLY inaccurate.

Do they require you to edit out much content that might point to negatively toward a product?
They don't require it... they strongly suggest it.

I'm assuming so since you mentioned HH didn't want to see the cell tower incident in the video.
I didn't say those words :)

Last edited:
"If God is all powerful can He Himself make a rock so large that He can't lift it?" - George Carlin

Sorry, not trying to be blasphemous. I just always thought that was a good one. Well Chad?

Jay

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor

If it won't get you in trouble, could you list some of the planes that you guys don't like so we know which ones we may want to avoid?

earthsciteach

What is the meaning of life?

If you can't answer that one, is there any plan to try to take flitetest to television? There are a few cable channels that would seem to be a reasonable fit for flitetest.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
"If God is all powerful can He Himself make a rock so large that He can't lift it?" - George Carlin

Sorry, not trying to be blasphemous. I just always thought that was a good one. Well Chad?
Jay

I will answer this because I asked for it. BUT, if (and when) this spawns a discussion about God, faith or religion, I ask that it gets put in the proper forum like: http://flitetest.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?52-Behind-the-Field-Shed

Well, here goes...

I think the answer requires an understanding of the first line of your question: "If God is all powerful". When people refer to God as ALL powerful it's used to describe anything that we can comprehend. Most believe that God exists in a dimension outside of time and space yet, created anything and everything we can know in our lifetime.
Ultimately, by many beliefs, God is "good". This means He can't contradict Himself. So does that mean He's not all powerful? I think it means that our reality conforms to his wishes. So when He makes the rock... It is good." And if his desire is for it to be lifted, it is good. If His desire is for it not to be lifted, it is good.
Before all of that I don't think He would accept the request to be tested in that manner, therefor never needing to even try.

I hope you weren't expecting an easy answer :p

Klonas

Did any of the sponsors asked to review some other companys planes and say bad things about it ? :D

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
If it won't get you in trouble, could you list some of the planes that you guys don't like so we know which ones we may want to avoid?

It would be a lot of work! A good example is the Balsa Cessna. I HATED that plane. It looked good, it just didn't assemble very well. And I like things like Apple and BMW.. fit and finish are important to me. But Josh Bixler, loved it. Especially when we put the KFM wing on it. He jus loves everything that flies :)

I wouldn't mind making a list of all the planes we built with our thoughts and a rating system. That's a good idea... it's just a lot of work right now. Ask me again in a couple of months.

For now:
Don't buy the EPS f-14... they might not even sell it anymore.
The Gyro Plane is beautiful, we just couldn't get it to fly.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I'd love to ask how you find the different sponsors... I feel from the HK episodes you have more freedom to creatively express yourselves. The episodes are more organic, more humerous, more 'Flitetest'. Of course there's always some influence from an external 'Hand', but I've always felt Flitetest is something that fits HK well (sense of cheap, accessible, fun thrills), where as the HZ ones are more clinical, heavily edited and a little... corporate. There seems to be lots of stuff you have to hide to keep the HZ sheen on their episode, rather than the Flitetest (and Stonekap productions) frivolity.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
What is the meaning of life?

If you can't answer that one, is there any plan to try to take flitetest to television? There are a few cable channels that would seem to be a reasonable fit for flitetest.

First - It's what you choose it to be. You have free will.
:p

Second - Yes! I would love to get our little show on Discovery or the Learning channel. The problem is, it can't go like it is. TV is a much higher tempo. And we'd have to diversify more. Reviews wouldn't translate to TV very well. It would be more like the projects and challenges.

I'd like to assemble a pilot episode sometime soon.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Did any of the sponsors asked to review some other companys planes and say bad things about it ? :D

That's funny. No.
I think people know better.

However, Hobby King has graciously sponsored episodes that feature other products like the AR Drone and the Big foam Rare Bear. The only requirement was that we show some Hobby King products being used. I gained a whole new level of respect for Anthony when he let us do those episodes!