The hobby newbie

mayan

Legendary member
Keep in mind, the further out you put the control linkages on the servo arm the harder the servo has to work. Lowering your rates in the transmitter doesn't help this. I usually like to pick the hole closest to the servo that gives me the throws I need so that the servo can maximize its torque/speed.

Didn’t really grasp that until I heard the servos working.

mayan

Legendary member
Hai-Lee check out the prototype of the TT
C2067ADA-5ED1-4420-BC2F-70A973FFCFE3.jpeg
FAB92C7C-E3C4-446F-984D-A5CACDEEC198.jpeg

I just enjoyed the pizza plane video Josh Bixler did that I kind of started using up all the trash we create and try turn it into planes.

I didn’t do it with hot glue of any other glue cause I want to try and take this into a recycling center that we have here and get people building these without any risk of getting them hurt :).

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Hai-Lee check out the prototype of the TT
View attachment 112492 View attachment 112493

I just enjoyed the pizza plane video Josh Bixler did that I kind of started using up all the trash we create and try turn it into planes.
Looks sweet!

Just ensure that you get the CG correct before you try to launch it.

Next thing to do is to make a replacement nose, (the powered nose), do that you can extend the flight times you can expect.
After that you can make an undercarriage for it and start practicing your take offs and landings!

Have a quick look at some of the variations you can make out of the TT at:- https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ft-tiny-trainer-mighty-mini.17059/page-6#post-353001

There are even more to be found by searching the threads.

Have fun!

mayan

Legendary member
Hey All,

I really enjoyed reading your inputs on this thread that I posted and learned a lot from them. I welcome you all to take part in this thread that I started :).

-Mayan

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
@mayan I've loved your story so far. As you can tell, we are here to support one another here as we can. I've been trying this journey for nearly two years... maybe three, with the goal to have something all of the family can do together to create memories.
Despite my best efforts my children aren't quite taken to it yet. Maybe it is the failures and frustrations. I know that I have been able to show them that success comes through pushing through defeat and learning.

I was hoping to "master" this by now, but however there is a bit more interest. I recently found out my son DOESN'T like cutting the planes out.

I think I'll be having them excited about flight from here on.
In the mean time I have STEM gliders for Scouts

Please keep the journey, journaling

mayan

Legendary member
@FoamyDM my kids are too young to be holding a razor blade they either cut themselves or me in the process which is why I cut out the puzzle pieces for them yestreday night and sat up till 4am to do it, just to get up at 8:30 to build with them. It is important to me at least that they learn to care about things, something I think the children of today don't have. Yes I have spare parts to fix up a TT for them and could have eaily done that last night. would have probably even took me less time. But they don't have value for anything, which is why I wanted them to build their own plane, and hurt when it breaks. You know they say one only learns when it hurts, and sometimes that's the way to go. We started off today be speaking about it, I mentioned that it's not my plane but theirs, that they need to build it and care for it. If it breaks they need to repair it or rebuild it, of course they'll get my help but that's on them, I am just here to guide them through the process.

@FastCrash45 thanks!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
MY 9 yr old is a Webelos Scout and can wield a knife safely. part of the pain of which you speak is spending an hour or so cutting, my hope was to teach the same values you speak of. So it is a world-wide epidemic huh? Which is the only way I see might stick.
Keep us posted on your progress.

mayan

Legendary member
MY 9 yr old is a Webelos Scout and can wield a knife safely. part of the pain of which you speak is spending an hour or so cutting, my hope was to teach the same values you speak of. So it is a world-wide epidemic huh? Which is the only way I see might stick.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Follow the progress here might help you with your kids.