The imaginary Bell & Ross Racer ( Watchmaker)

quorneng

Master member
My thoughts on the subject concern a 5 blade prop.
About the nearest I can find is from the HK Mk 24 Spitfire (spare prop and spinner are available).
At 11" diameter it would give a Bell & Ross a span of 33".
However with a prop diameter that is 1/3 the span I think I would rather prefer a 6 blade contra rotating set up of the Mk 47 Seafire. ;)

jkexpress

Can you cut some prints I have? I am writing on something and would really like it cut out to make everything fit perfectly. I would really appreciate it.
I am in Australia , so it might be a bit slow. Happy to test the cut, our foam here is 3 and 6 , my ply is the same. Let me know. cheers. You can send the link private if you want.

My thoughts on the subject concern a 5 blade prop.
About the nearest I can find is from the HK Mk 24 Spitfire (spare prop and spinner are available).
At 11" diameter it would give a Bell & Ross a span of 33".
However with a prop diameter that is 1/3 the span I think I would rather prefer a 6 blade contra rotating set up of the Mk 47 Seafire. ;)
There is a 10x9 prop for a cargo plane that come in contro rotating to match each other. and apc has a new 5x7.5. And there is a 6 blade out that 5.5x7 so there are props out there but 5 blades sacrifice thrust in grams for tip speed. It depends on why you Are building it. I mean sacrifice tip speed for thrust...what asr you needs and wants.

In my eyes it looks like the Bugatti P100 had a baby with an Edge. Still, the aft vents have me puzzled as there are no real intake vents to speak of. Head scratching. The nose is much shorter and combine that with no forward sweep of the Bugatti and the landing gear placement might just work. Pretty for sure but I think it would be fun to see fly regardless.

As for the foam board speed record, I believe @Mid7night or @FAI-F1D may need to inform you of the stakes involved. Those two have been going at it for the better part of a year now... and I believe they were approaching 170MPH.
Please dont forget Josh at j&hareospace.com that holds the record are 175mph and he is planning a secret project to break 200mph. I can't wait ti see it fly....at speed . If you want to know more about his thoughts, the please contact hin at j&hareospace.com and look around his site. He has everything you need to break the record. The he limiting factor is your design and dragg. Good luck guy. Get in the competition just to show your stuff. It doesnt have to be 200mph just fun and fast. We are learning to take form board to its limits. The more in the compilation the better. We all learn from each other and that's the best part of all. We are all like family and I need some family. Just say saying. So far there are 3 of of in the competition. Only rules are foam board construction, carbon tubes allowed though out, no fiberglass or carbon fiber laminate, no balsa skins...the idea is to max out foam board with minimal skills and construction techniques. The bear min and maybe even some of your secrets. But share them. That makes the field even. Just like I shared the 5x7.5 APC PROP. it was so ned that very few even know about it. You can build smaller or larger and 40"ws is getting pretty large. But there is the idea of equipment inside your plane...its an open compition as far as size goes, 1 motor or 2 even 4 , it's up to you. I thin we can break 200...get in the compition and show your skills. We need you involved. This well be amazing fun. I'm still in the drawing satages but after that...its on. Good luck to all. From my side I'll offer 15% off at, Mavericks-rc-warehouse.com for the next order and 5% off the next order for items needed to build you special speed masrtepiece. Actually we have all the equipment needed to break the record and at the best possible proces. Just to show toy the type of equipment used, be. Used to 2207 And ran 156 mph, Josh used a 40x68 inrunner to teach the record. It about aerodynamics or raw power to push through the drag of foam board. I have tricknorn2 up my sleeve so stacey turned. The revival is the fiam board speed compition is not. Build you best and show us what you get.
Ragards,
www.http//:Mavericks.rc.Warehouse.com
We have it all or we will get it for you in 24hrs

Btw I sell many different sizes of contra rotating props systems. This is is one out best and 1700g of thrust. Its an2414 x 2 and come with spinner and all hardware to install. I have one kn my , F4U Corsairs and it just pulls and puss out site.there are more expending but not better products pending. Spinner and bullet included. Even 3.5mm bullets installed to east plug and play. Like I said the 2212 version puts out 1400g thrust and 2413 over 1700 both using 9x5 props. I think they could be utynds down t0 a combo of 5.2x7x7 for maximize thurst And tip speed. 10% off during the compition. Even propellers ad speed controls. Even if you don't break the record you will receive the most cool points in your area. If you need to know more then, look up this motornar Mavericks-rc-warehouse.com and you will find everything or know.. its quotes fast and smooth. Need (2) Escs and a battery cable adapter and you are really to play. The sounds amazing... 132faeaf55.jpg

Btw I sell many different sizes of contra rotating props systems. This is is one out best and 1700g of thrust. Its an2414 x 2 and come with spinner and all hardware to install. I have one kn my , F4U Corsairs and it just pulls and puss out site.there are more expending but not better products pending. Spinner and bullet included. Even 3.5mm bullets installed to east plug and play. Like I said the 2212 version puts out 1400g thrust and 2413 over 1700 both using 9x5 props. I think they could be utynds down t0 a combo of 5.2x7x7 for maximize thurst And tip speed. 10% off during the compition. Even propellers ad speed controls. Even if you don't break the record you will receive the most cool points in your area. If you need to know more then, look up this motornar Mavericks-rc-warehouse.com and you will find everything or know.. its quotes fast and smooth. Need (2) Escs and a battery cable adapter and you are really to play. The sounds amazing... View attachment 175674