The importance of sharing - Flite Test

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Hi Guys,
I have to say, I am so impressed by the dedication of our viewers and the overwhelming support that we have received since we started. Thank you.

It's my job to make sure we're connecting with the viewers that appreciate the content that we provide. This connection is what our sponsors value.

I thought it would be interesting to share some insight regarding our viewing statistics. Currently we have a large portion of our subscribers that watch every video we release. Then, depending on the particular video, they will share it with others. (see the diagram below)
FT-Sharing.jpg

This is a typical viewing graph for one of our videos. The "sharing" is very important to us. This is how we grow.

We're constantly adjusting our content to give the viewers what they want. While we have achieved some success in individual episode views, the sharing percentage hardly ever seems to increase.

I am interested in hearing form you. We want to deliver content that you feel is relevant. Here is my question:

What type of episode would make you want to share it with your friends?

Airwolf

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way - at least not for me. I don't think I would share a Flite Test episode, because it features something specific.

PS: But in fact I share every FT episode anyways - I always click "Like" under them which means they're automatically shared on my Facebook wall by YouTube FB app ;]

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I also click on that button if I see it fro time to time.

But I think most of FB friends would find it boring and would start looking at me in a different way. Many would say: "hey he flies rc planes like I did when I was three!"

I don´t really like that way of looking at the rc community and rc in general but from now on I´ll like everything and maybe that will get us some more forum users and more people watching.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Most of my friends don't care a bit about RC planes... but I have shared with the one friend who does care! :)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I spruik Flitetest to any poor sucker who shows the slightest interest in RC planes...
120px-Thumb_up_icon.svg.png

I usually share the episodes where they show, or mention that FlyingMonkey guy. He's awesome! :D

I use the show as a tool a lot. If there's a question about aircraft that the show has explained, like the exponential and dual rates episode, I share that as a way to help answer the question they had. So I'm a big fan of the educational episodes.

bubsteve

Love sharing FlightTest!
How about some Kid's Vid's to share with the younger one's?:cool:
their the future of everything we do:),
and kid's need to do more outside stuff to do that's missing for today's youth,, TV and internet is keeping kid's from real fun,,,,and the real world as well,, thank's

Attachments

• SAM_0413.jpg
    SAM_0413.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 49
  • SAM_0386.jpg
    SAM_0386.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 47
  • planes_143.jpg
    planes_143.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 52
  • planes 198.jpg
    planes 198.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 50
  • petty_an_red_619.jpg
    petty_an_red_619.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 48
  • petty_an_red_635.jpg
    petty_an_red_635.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 48
  • petty_an_red_094.jpg
    petty_an_red_094.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 59
  • petty_an_red_615.jpg
    petty_an_red_615.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 39

bubsteve

share this!

that Fly'in Monkey is a awesome Flyer:D
bubsteve:p

Attachments

• 154862_1652302781224_1046641667_1758477_7821215_n.jpg
    154862_1652302781224_1046641667_1758477_7821215_n.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 59

ilovefpv

Added to my blogroll.. Thank you guys for all the enthusiasm you pump into the RC world each week!

Flite Test is like the Top Gear of the RC world. For those familiar with Top Gear - my suggestion is to add a segment called "A Celebrity Flying a Reasonably Priced FPV Plane." ;-)

Last edited:

Tom O'Connell

Bixler FPV Mods Fantastic
i like pretty much every flitetest vid and sometimes favourite them. That shares them with my friends and subs on youtube. I dont really think any type of content would make me share them to people say on facebook. Mainly because nobody would watch it, or if the did, they would think i was weird posting it (most people know i fly, but they dont think its normal :( shame )

apart from anas :p