The Kitfox (Cub Alternative)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Building some new wheels for the Kitfox. As you can tell by the picks you could probably guess what I am making them from...
20200225_203538.jpg
20200225_203547.jpg

I cut out the rigid insulation with a 4" hole saw to get a center point for an axle and something somewhat round to roll, with a smaller hole saw I cut the middle hub. The layers are 1" in the center and 1/2" on the outside.I laminated the layers together with epoxy, then spun them on the drill press with a sanding block to get them round and smooth. Color courtesy of a fat sharpie and some electrical tape. Super simple.

Still gotta figure out what I am going to use for the axle housing, some kind of tubing

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Kit tried on her new kicks today...
20200226_160304.jpg
20200226_160359.jpg

I probably could have gone bigger, these are 4 inch, next up is 5", but I like the size as it is. And being that wide, there won't be any issues. I see the floor board over the LG struts is taking a beating, might replace that with ply, gonna need a sheet of that...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Kit tried on her new kicks today... View attachment 159417 View attachment 159418
I probably could have gone bigger, these are 4 inch, next up is 5", but I like the size as it is. And being that wide, there won't be any issues. I see the floor board over the LG struts is taking a beating, might replace that with ply, gonna need a sheet of that...
They look good! (y)

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Building some new wheels for the Kitfox. As you can tell by the picks you could probably guess what I am making them from... View attachment 159311 View attachment 159312
I cut out the rigid insulation with a 4" hole saw to get a center point for an axle and something somewhat round to roll, with a smaller hole saw I cut the middle hub. The layers are 1" in the center and 1/2" on the outside.I laminated the layers together with epoxy, then spun them on the drill press with a sanding block to get them round and smooth. Color courtesy of a fat sharpie and some electrical tape. Super simple.

Still gotta figure out what I am going to use for the axle housing, some kind of tubing
Sweet bro!