The Kitfox (Cub Alternative)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I wish! I haven't had the chance to fly in much of anything, but I have a few hours in Cessna 182s and 206s. I'd love to have a Beaver someday, but they run for a few hundred thousand usually. A radial-engined Kitfox is definitely looking like a great plan B though...
Believe it or not the Beaver is actually the state bird of Alaska. (jk but it might as well be!)
My grandfather was a pilot and I would fly with him all the time in DC-3's, Twin Otters, Navajo's and I have had a few flights in the Beavers on floats too. Some of my best sense of freedom flights I have had been in the DH Beaver, has some sentimental value there for me

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
My grandfather was a pilot and I would fly with him all the time in DC-3's, Twin Otters, Navajo's and I have had a few flights in the Beavers on floats too. Some of my best sense of freedom flights I have had been in the DH Beaver, has some sentimental value there for me
Those are some pretty fancy planes! RC is one thing but flying for real is one of the most spectacular things in the world.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I used 3D printed standard control horns from Thingyverse. I used the closest hole to the hinge since the hinge pivot point is a half inch up from the aileron
20200102_141059.jpg

Hope this helps

Wildthing

Legendary member
The length of them is 1.5".
Hinge or pivot point is the same , I changed the design so they have tabs so depth is set so it should be easier to keep them all equal. The CH3 ( control rod hooks up to) the small diameter hole end will go through the foam and protrude out the other side and the tabs set the depth also.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Hinge or pivot point is the same , I changed the design so they have tabs so depth is set so it should be easier to keep them all equal. The CH3 ( control rod hooks up to) the small diameter hole end will go through the foam and protrude out the other side and the tabs set the depth also.
It's brilliant. If it works out do you mind if we add it to the plans?