The Majik1's First Scratch Build

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
The Majik1

My First Scratch Build

I am building a scratch build high wing plane. No plans, just cutting foam and seeing what works. I have no idea if it will fly or how well, but had some extra foamboard from work and thought I might as well try and build something.

Here is what I have so far:
IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0237.JPG

I know it doesn't look like much yet, but its a start. I am going to use the KF airfoil that I saw here on Flitetest that Josh and Josh used on the Cessna when they broke the stock wing.

As I get more done I will post pics. Once finished, I will post video of the maiden and you all can have a good laugh!!!

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
LOL!!!

I am not worthy of the Turnigy neckstrap of awesomeness!!!

(Besides, I have to wait until the Turnigy Tx9 is in stock!)

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
If you wait for it, it'll never happen. Order one while it's on backorder. They get stock in every couple of weeks (usually a few hundred units). HK's suppliers can't keep up with the demand

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Looks fine so far.
Keep it light and get your cg right, it'll fly.
If not, video of the crash is ALWAYS good ;)

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Is it baked fried or cooked depon?
attachment.php

How many minutes and temperature do you use?
I will eat you for breakfast :applause:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
If you wait for it, it'll never happen. Order one while it's on backorder. They get stock in every couple of weeks (usually a few hundred units). HK's suppliers can't keep up with the demand

Sorry for the OffTopic, but how long is the waiting list?

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Is it baked fried or cooked depon?

How many minutes and temperature do you use?
I will eat you for breakfast :applause:

This one is scrambled, medium to high heat, touch of jalapeño and franks hot sauce!

It's just dollar store foam. Going to be fun I think!

Klonas

Sorry for the OffTopic, but how long is the waiting list?
Yesterday the shipment has arrived for it (mode1)(I got an email).
Today the stock is -59.
It gets about 200-300 backorders until the next shipment. Sometimes more. This is on the mode1 transmitter.

Klonas

If you add an item to your whishlist and go to the home page, scroll down a bit and there is a little box on the right and it shows the stock of items in you whislist.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Reminds me of a crazy swede making fun of Bill Hempel.

This happened to find its way to the Giant Scale forum resulting in an invitation from Bill Hempel to Crazy Wesse to visit USA.

AND - it spread to a "big deal".

Great vid! I hope mine flies, but I don't think it will look like a pepper.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Okay guys, here is the latest on my scratch build:

IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0246.JPG

As you can see I did build a KF airfoil. I have not cut the ailerons yet, need to figure out how wide and how much aileron I want. I am thinking I will make them large so I can get the most out of them, but not sure yet.

The wing is 36 inches wide by 7 inches. What does everyone think about the size of ailerons?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I'd say 10" x 2" on the outermost part of the wing, or full length 18" x 1" if material is not too flexible.