The Most Offtopic Thread Ever in the History of Offtopic Threads

Should there be a challenge in this thread every once in a while?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phin G

Elite member
So a pulse jet? If you put some sort of one way valve on the front it could act as an inlet to draw air in for the propane to burn. I think that some pulse jets use reed valves but I did hear about using Tesla valves for that... Seems like an interesting idea.
Colun furze made a pulse jet car i think

2jujube7

WOW :eek: sounds really funny to read! I'd bet there is a picture of Putin like that, or a drawing lol! can I have a PDF if its on a computer (haha- one of my memories here! I remember a cartoon I wached. there was this ine guy who always said compuper! with a P) or some pix if its paper??

Alright, here's the google doc my class made. There's lots of inside jokes in it, but there are a few other good quotes. Enjoy. :ROFLMAO:

2jujube7

Pulse jets are extremely loud, if you live in a rural area it should be okay though. When Scaled Composites tested it on a Long EZ, it was so loud they got complaints from Mojave residents...

🔊🔊🔊🛩🛩
Wait a minute...

My dad was the head engineer of that project!!!

tesseract

Master member
how'd it go?
It went great, I also flew a Sukhoi. I actually used a real flight sim not a rc flight sim, then configured an Xbox 1 controller to it.
1609859030737.png
1609859050013.png

2jujube7

This is a (picture of a) picture of the team and the test pilot with the LongEZ before they tested it out. My dad is the second from the left.
20210105_100440.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, but my phone is pretty bad. I can go take some more pictures if anyone else is interested, we have some other pictures hanging on the wall of our house. Including the bill for 628 gallons of jet fuel. :ROFLMAO:

tesseract

Master member
This is a (picture of a) picture of the team and the test pilot with the LongEZ before they tested it out. My dad is the second from the left.
View attachment 188102

Sorry for the bad quality, but my phone is pretty bad. I can go take some more pictures if anyone else is interested, we have some other pictures hanging on the wall of our house. Including the bill for 628 gallons of jet fuel. :ROFLMAO:
But the longEZ is a piston engine right? Why jet fuel?

tesseract

Master member
Ive been thinking of making one of them Homebuilts. Somethin a bit like This
1610060527075.png

Ive got an electric vaccum cleaner motor to work with, about 1-2 horsepower. France got a plane to run on 0.3 horsepower so technically this is possible.
1610060642119.png

It probably won't take off, and if it works I'll mabye get pulled over by the police somehow, or the FAA will get mad at some insane teen whos flyin a plane :LOL:. Though I hope I get noticed by Scaled so I can work there when I get older! :ROFLMAO:

2jujube7

Ive been thinking of making one of them Homebuilts.
Ive got an electric vaccum cleaner motor to work with, about 1-2 horsepower. France got a plane to run on 0.3 horsepower so technically this is possible.

It probably won't take off, and if it works I'll mabye get pulled over by the police somehow, or the FAA will get mad at some insane teen whos flyin a plane :LOL:. Though I hope I get noticed by Scaled so I can work there when I get older! :ROFLMAO:

Good luck! And make sure to post some pics when you start working on it. :D

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
Ive been thinking of making one of them Homebuilts. Somethin a bit like This
View attachment 188254
View attachment 188255
“Insane teen”

Piotrsko

Master member
There are much better places to work than Scaled. Ask Waldo ( who in this case is a real person I know). Aeroenviroment comes to mind, not so political and more cutting edge with actual gevernment dollars to spend. Bunches of other places not out in the forsaken Mojave desert where the high point is Palmdale. Grumman northrup skunkworks was there, but I'm thinking everyone doing exotics is bailing on Cali. You'll need a respected engineering degree and be well socially connected, have one heck of a you tube following or a string of sucessful completed projects