THE NEW TUTOR!!! ?????????????

That Mini Speedster Bipe is sweet!

I got the Value Pack with the large foam wheels for a taildragger. I'm pretty excited as all my planes have been belly landers

Tc Concepts

I built several old speedsters. I build the mini, which I converted to a biplane and the full sized version. They're nice slow flying planes if you just want to put around, but I quickly found them underwhelming and none of them remain. I think the full size one's wing folded on me. Despite their name, they are NOT speedsters. The Sportster is a faster (and more difficult) plane with nearly identical looks.

LOL.. I had the Old Fogey wing fold on me too!
I have noticed that the Sportster is almost the same platform and Im leaning towards that one. This is why I wanted the
plans to the Old Speedster to do an overlay and compare.

Things that make Ya Say, HMMMMMMM!!!

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
LOL.. I had the Old Fogey wing fold on me too!
I have noticed that the Sportster is almost the same platform and Im leaning towards that one. This is why I wanted the
plans to the Old Speedster to do an overlay and compare.

Things that make Ya Say, HMMMMMMM!!!
I just put some skewers and or extra 1 inch strips of foam reinforcements. and it didnt fold from there

I think for the tricycle gear, it comes wither everything.
The value pack adds only a pair of wheels, so I'm guessing you need at least one more. Plus all the hardware for the gear and linkage to the servo if it is not included. If someone has an actual box, I'd like to know what else I should order from FP when I order the kit.

Aslansmonkey

Just got my kits today...

The base kit comes with the following:
* The laser cut foam pieces (3.5 pieces of foamboard)
* landing gear wood supports (these are embedded in one of the foam pieces)
* Decal Sheet (Red stripes and some checkerboard). I didn't expect this so it's nice.
* Window vinyl sheet, though mine came outside the shrink wrap so I suspect it's a late addition.
* Info Sheet
* Build Pack (or whatever they're calling it). A long thin padded envelope. Not everything in this kit is needed for the build. I think these are generic packs thrown in many of their kits.

The Build Pack has:
* 6 popsicle sticks
* A paint stirrer stick
* 6" Velcro
* 18" Servo guide tube
* 4 mini zip ties
* 4 bbq skewers
* 5 thick rubber bands
* A plastic firewall
* A pack of servo horns
* A wire pack consisting of 4 servo wires, 2 gear wires and 1 wire in between the two

From the video it appears that in tricycle configuration the front wheel just pivots on a caster type design, so should hold straight when going straight, but pivot in a turn with the rudder. I'm sure it could be attached to a servo for steering, but it's not specifically designed that way. This plane is designed so that you can remove and swap landing gear configurations if you want to and that would be difficult to do with something attached to the front wheel.

There are NO WHEELS included with the base kit, so you'll need to order the wheels you need for the design you are aiming for. I have a set of big wheels from an earlier Simple Cub so I'll be making the tail dragger with those.

From the video it appears that in tricycle configuration the front wheel just pivots on a caster type design, so should hold straight when going straight, but pivot in a turn with the rudder. I'm sure it could be attached to a servo for steering, but it's not specifically designed that way.
Thanks for all the details. I'll be sure to order an extra pair of wheels with my value kit. Anything else I need I can get at a local hobby store. Happy flying!

Tc Concepts

Just got my kits today...

The base kit comes with the following:
* The laser cut foam pieces (3.5 pieces of foamboard)
* landing gear wood supports (these are embedded in one of the foam pieces)
* Decal Sheet (Red stripes and some checkerboard). I didn't expect this so it's nice.
* Window vinyl sheet, though mine came outside the shrink wrap so I suspect it's a late addition.
* Info Sheet
* Build Pack (or whatever they're calling it). A long thin padded envelope. Not everything in this kit is needed for the build. I think these are generic packs thrown in many of their kits.

The Build Pack has:
* 6 popsicle sticks
* A paint stirrer stick
* 6" Velcro
* 18" Servo guide tube
* 4 mini zip ties
* 4 bbq skewers
* 5 thick rubber bands
* A plastic firewall
* A pack of servo horns
* A wire pack consisting of 4 servo wires, 2 gear wires and 1 wire in between the two

From the video it appears that in tricycle configuration the front wheel just pivots on a caster type design, so should hold straight when going straight, but pivot in a turn with the rudder. I'm sure it could be attached to a servo for steering, but it's not specifically designed that way. This plane is designed so that you can remove and swap landing gear configurations if you want to and that would be difficult to do with something attached to the front wheel.

There are NO WHEELS included with the base kit, so you'll need to order the wheels you need for the design you are aiming for. I have a set of big wheels from an earlier Simple Cub so I'll be making the tail dragger with those.

Keep us updated.. Thanks for the package list

For anyone that has received theirs, how do you equip it for tricycle gear? What additional parts do you need to get?
I got an email back from Flite Test and they said that there is a wire in the kit for the front gear. All that is needed additionally for a tricycle gear is a third foam wheel.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Toot toot!

1634931555514.png

Droneflyer200

Curious!! How many have purchased the New Tutor? And which of the packages did you order?

Please Share.. in good nature
I got very excited when I saw Bix with this new trainer design It real brings out memories for me when I was a much younger man we had a club project called the Tutor it was patterned after the Telemaster Designed by a fellow club member Name of Don Prentice he also design The Babybipe and many others published in RC modeler magazine. I love to build this new plane but I prefer to scratch build is there any chance you guys will release plans.

Tc Concepts

I got very excited when I saw Bix with this new trainer design It real brings out memories for me when I was a much younger man we had a club project called the Tutor it was patterned after the Telemaster Designed by a fellow club member Name of Don Prentice he also design The Babybipe and many others published in RC modeler magazine. I love to build this new plane but I prefer to scratch build is there any chance you guys will release plans.

I'm currently working on Plans for Baby Telemaster, to build out of foam board

Droneflyer200

Tc I would be interested in those Plans as well I love to scratch build have been doing it since I was a kid and the Telemaster for me is one of the planes I hold dear to my heart it was my first full size plane I ever flew. The design was practically flawless and one of the best flying and versatile models. I started out with 1/2A models the Acehigh Glider one of the first to use ep-foam wings back in the 80s and The mini-fledgling
but the 40 size Telemaster was my first full size plane. perhaps Bix would consider a mighty mini Tutor.