The Number of Categories to Post In

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
71 different categories. Frankly, that's a LOT more than needed, and it creates confusion. It's nice to be specific at times, but considering some of the categories only have a small handful of threads it could help de-clutter things by combining them where possible. My guess is that you could whittle it down to 15-20 quite easily.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Maybe not 15-20, but 30-40. Heck, I don't know if a warbird is WW I or WW II or anything else...

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
71 different categories. Frankly, that's a LOT more than needed, and it creates confusion. It's nice to be specific at times, but considering some of the categories only have a small handful of threads it could help de-clutter things by combining them where possible. My guess is that you could whittle it down to 15-20 quite easily.

I have to agree. I was just thinking about this the other day. I think 40 or so would be a good number.
Flying Monkey - any ideas how to go about this?

IamNabil

I think the issue is that you are too granular in the for sale section, the plane type section (a separate section for skis and floats?), and possibly in the flite test section. Challenges are associated with episodes, so make each episode with subcategories for challenges and other associated things.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I pretty much only use the new posts button and don't even bother with the categories unless I'm posting something. I really don't have a lot of time to browse everything though.

earthsciteach

FlyingMonkey is biking in the wilds of Florida alone at the moment. Hopefully he doesn't get eaten by a gator, or a possum. They are both scary, apparently.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
I pretty much only use the new posts button and don't even bother with the categories unless I'm posting something. I really don't have a lot of time to browse everything though.

I like that idea, and didn't know it was an option until I read your reply.

Besides generally making it easier to find/post messages in the correct area, I wouldn't be surprised if a more condensed selection also leads to more active posting. People skimming through a more active "General" topic might find more threads that interest them, as they may not have looked for topics in the "Combat" area previously. There is all kinds of good info all split up right now. As a person new to this site it's taking me a while to work my way through it all.