The OFFICIAL CustomRCMods Fleet Record and RC Journey Thread

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Hey guys,
Been meaning to make a thread like this for a while now, Ive been running out of space in my signature for my full fleet, so I thought I would make this thread and keep it up to date with my entire RC Fleet, and also post about my journey along the way.

This is in no way an attempt to brag or flex on others, I am a firm believer that someone with one plane can have just as much fun in this hobby as someone with 100. Feel free to use the list below as a reference guide to the different planes/quads/cars I have experience with, so that you may ask any questions you have and I can answer them to the best of my ability. My PM box is always open, or you can ask below. Thanks!

Current Fleet (Updated 9/2020)

(#) = Times Built (if scratch built, may clue you into the amount of experience I have with the aircraft, or the amount of frustration I had getting it to fly :) )

I also listed Protocols, as many questions are dependent upon that as well, and I fly a whole bunch. Feel free to field me any questions related to Spektrum UI or FrSky OpenTX UI. I am experienced with both!

Airplanes:
- (6) FT Simple Scout [DSMX]
- (2) FT Mustang [DSMX]
- (7) FT Mini Arrow [DSMX]
- (3) FT Bloody Baron [DSMX]
- (2) FT Mini Vector [DSMX]
- (2) FT Goblin [DSMX]
- (2) FT Bloody Wonder [DSMX]
- (1) Custom Walmart Wing [DSMX]
- (4) FT Explorer [DSMX]
- (3) FT Bushwacker [DSMX]
- (4) FT Simple Soarer [DSMX]
- (2) FT Mini Scout [DSMX]
- (2) FT Mini Mustang [DSMX]
- (1) FT Viggen [DSMX]
- (3) FT 22 [DSMX]
- (1) FT LED Versa Wing [DSMX]
- Strix Nano Goblin (Thanks @BS projects inc. ) [Crossfire]
- ReadyMadeRC Mini Recruit [DSMX]
- HobbyZone Champ [DSMX]
- HobbyZone Sport Cub S [DSMX]

Quads:
- DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More [Occusync 2]
- 5" SpaceOne Meteor [Crossfire]
- 5" Skitzo Nova [Crossfire]
- 5" Multi Rotor Mania Reaper [Crossfire]
- 5" Armattan Chameleon [FrSky]
- 5" FPVCycle Glide [Crossfire]
- 5" Blade Theory XL [DSMX]
- 5" Lumenier QAV-R [Crossfire]
- 5" ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Race Edition [FrSky]
- 3" Diatone Taycan CineWhoop [Crossfire]
- 3" ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Pro [FrSky]
- 2" FT Gremlin Chad Lewis Edition (Thanks @Grifflyer ) [DSMX]
- 2" Blade Torrent 110 [FrSky]
- BetaFPV Beta75X Pro 2 [FrSky]
- Emax TinyHawk [FrSky]
- KingKong Tiny 7 [DSM2]
- Blade Inductrix FPV+ [DSMX]
- BetaFPV LiteV2 Whoop [Bayang]
- FuriousFPV AcroWhoop V2 Whoop [FrSky]

Cars:
Traxxas Rustler VXL (Thanks @BS projects inc. ) [Spektrum FHSS]

Gear:
- Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S Hall Gimbal Edition w/ TBS Crossfire Micro TX V2 Module
- FPV Goggles: Fat Shark Dominator V3s w/ FuriousFPV True-D rev 3.9 Diversity Module
- Main Charger: Hota D6 Pro AC/DC w/ 2 BuddyRC Safe Paraboard V3s
- Backup/Accessory Charger: Hitex X1 AC Plus AC/DC w/ BuddyRC Paraboard V6

Tools:
- Soldering Iron: TS100 Portable Iron, Weller WLC100 Station
- Hot Glue Gun: (2) Ad Tech Pro200
- 3D Printer: Creality Ender 3 V2

Video Gear:
- Panasonic Lumix G7
- DJI Osmo Action
- (2) GoPro Hero 5 Session
- (2) GoPro Hero 4 Session
- GoPro Hero 3+ Black
- DBPOWER 4K Action Camera
- iPhone XR

That's all for now. I'm planning on making a resource thread with details on the electronics setups for all my aircraft but that's for another time. Feel free to reach out if you have questions or comments. Thanks!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Love it!

I have some high dollar gear in my fleet, but I have to admit that I get a ton of enjoyment from my "Sub 250" Squadron...

Also have some Traxxis toys that are supposed to be for my children but I do find that I enjoy them quite a bit myself as well... lol

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Love it!

I have some high dollar gear in my fleet, but I have to admit that I get a ton of enjoyment from my "Sub 250" Squadron...

Also have some Traxxis toys that are supposed to be for my children but I do find that I enjoy them quite a bit myself as well... lol
Awesome! Yeah, I find sometimes its the cheap ones that are the most fun, You can bash them around and not feel like you are wasting an investment.