The Plane of Colorex

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
The Plane of Colorex

colorex's flight thread​

For those of you that don't know, I won a $100 gift certificate from HobbyKing in one of FliteTest's episodes. You can watch the episode HERE. Since I did not have a plane, I decided to get one from HobbyKing. I asked the community what they wanted to see me fly, and you can see the results HERE.

In short, this is the tread where I will report everything until I complete my Bixler ARF. I will then start a flight log thread.

- November 1st, 2011 -

First order from HobbyKing.
Just ordered a small box from HobbyKing. It contains the following:

invoice.png

These are the parts required to complete the Bixler ARF. I am missing the Turnigy Neckstrap of Awesomeness, but that will come with the Bixler itself.

Update: The Neckstrap of Awesomeness is 4 grams too heavy. It will end up costing $7 more shipping unless I buy more stuff.

I have ordered the small parts first because I live in Ecuador, and I want to see if/how/when the package arrives. If everything is OK, I will proceed with the Bixler.

Shipment is 490 grams. [International (Registered) Air Mail 301-500g] $9.99 shipping

Spent so far on planes: $42.51

----------------------------​

- November 5th, 2011 -

The tracking number works now.

tracking.jpg

(More to come. I will update this post constantly)

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I have ordered my first shipment from HK:

invoice.png

The payment through paypal went fine! Now it's up to the mail service to get me the box!

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
I hope that you dont lose any shipments. My last order was #142 the first order was september 2006 and the name of the same company was United Hobbies then it was Hobby City and today Hobby King. I have not lost any shipment yet but my latest has not arrived yet.
If You are ordering small parts on backorder then you can wait forever (it feels like that when you are waiting for something).

Klonas

My first order wasn't lost and arrived without damage(exept the box...a little), However it took quite awile for it to arrive (25days). No parts were on backorder... Anyways good luck and hopefully you won't have to wait so much for the parcel to arrive :D

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I got my first order yesterday from the German Warehouse.
Nothing broke and everything arrived just fine. In total I ordered 5 Lipos and all of them were good!

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
It is in Germany right now :D Town called Zürich
And the word Ausland means that it will go out of that country, so will be leaving Zürich soon :D

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
It is in Germany right now :D Town called Zürich
And the word Ausland means that it will go out of that country, so will be leaving Zürich soon :D

Zürich? Isn't that Switzerland? Or is there also a town in Germany called Zürich?

What exactly does Ausland mean? Google translate says "foreign countries"... I don't get it...