The Red Bottom emaxx 2306 2750 kv motors.

NopeFather

Hello, i'm going to be running this new motor on my ft tiny mustang and corsair and I have a few questions. is the BHeli 12 amp ESC going to work or do I need to use my 20 amp BHeli ESC instead. Issue is my 20 amp is XT-60 and my 12 amp is XT-30 and I need to know what batteries to purchase. I have a xt 30 800 mah 3s with xt 30 and a xt 60 3s 1600 mah aswell. I purchased converters if the motor works with the 12 amp if not Im gonna keep my 800 battery and the connectors just in case.2nd, will the mounting points work on the same mounting points as the 2204 2200 kv motor the plane recommends stock. All help is appreciated, thanks.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
A lot depends on the prop you choose, but I wouldn't go any smaller than 30A, assuming 3S batteries. They suck a lot of juice.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
With 2750kV on 3S you will be pushing a lot of air so I would recommend that you use a good quality prop. Some cheap props cannot handle the centrifugal forces and the thrust long term and throw blades. That is based upon experience!

Have fun!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That's a LOT of motor for a foam plane RPM wise. I gotta ask why so high Kv quad motor when planes are usually lower kv? I am running the same motor only 2400 kv on a race quad. I could see maybe for a race wing but on a plane this seems like wayy over kill and very mismatched to what you are putting it in.

NopeFather

That's a LOT of motor for a foam plane RPM wise. I gotta ask why so high Kv quad motor when planes are usually lower kv? I am running the same motor only 2400 kv on a race quad. I could see maybe for a race wing but on a plane this seems like wayy over kill and very mismatched to what you are putting it in.
I had seen Flite test they put one of the redbottoms in their ft mini mustang so i figured to get the bigger motor for increased power. If the 2750 is too big whats a good motor for an upgrade that a 12 or 20 amp esc can use? Thanks for the help i think i can cancell the order and get a new one or simply return it for a refund. That seems the best choice.

NopeFather

I had seen Flite test they put one of the redbottoms in their ft mini mustang so i figured to get the bigger motor for increased power. If the 2750 is too big whats a good motor for an upgrade that a 12 or 20 amp esc can use? Thanks for the help i think i can cancell the order and get a new one or simply return it for a refund. That seems the best choice.
Thanks for the help. Any recomendations for a upgrade but usable motor for the ft tiny mustang? Im using a 2204 2200 kv motor right now from emaxx.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The red bottom the used I believe was the original 2305 2300kv ones. The one you have now is pro level race quad motor. It can be used I suppose but from my understanding high kv and fixed wing usually do not go together. The recommended set up according to the speed build kit calls for the 2305 2300 KV motor pushing a s 6030 prop with a 12 amp esc for 3s. Other then that I am out of my league for proper recommendations as how to mod a fixed wing.

Here is a guy who tests all these motors on different props to show power and amp draw and all. It should give you an idea how powerful that motor is. If you used a 6x3.5 prop on that motor you could produce over 1400 g of thrust but you would be sucking up 40 amps but those tests are all done on 4s since these are after all quad motors.

https://www.miniquadtestbench.com/emax-rs2306-2750kv.html

On the emax site they say for this motor on 3s with a 5045 prop it draws 36 amps and produces 1000 g thrust. The charts are here....

http://emax-usa.com/emax-rs2306-racing-series-brushless-motor-white/

NopeFather

Ok thanks psyborg. They got back to me im gonna order the 2306 2300 kv or the 2400 kv. Didnt realise rhat 2750 was that powerfull of a motor. Will that 2306 fit my 12 amp connector wires? Will the mounting points be different? Allso big fan of your channel.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Did you make a typo? or are you still going 2306 and not 2305 as recommended? In any case I am not sure if motors are shipping with bullet connectors still or not. They are more then likely 2mm bullets and "should" match to the esc's. With me mainly flying quads I hard wire all my gear so I don't have to worry about arcing or disconnects on hard crashes with bullet connectors.

BTW you can do like Litterbug did and limit the throttle out put to the esc to keep top end under control until you see how much power is used / generated. This is also a safety thing to protect motor and esc that can gradually be worked up as temps are monitored so you don't cook electronics. It involves maths and I don't do maths on weekends.... or ever for that matter anymore hehehe.

NopeFather

Did you make a typo? or are you still going 2306 and not 2305 as recommended? In any case I am not sure if motors are shipping with bullet connectors still or not. They are more then likely 2mm bullets and "should" match to the esc's. With me mainly flying quads I hard wire all my gear so I don't have to worry about arcing or disconnects on hard crashes with bullet connectors.

BTW you can do like Litterbug did and limit the throttle out put to the esc to keep top end under control until you see how much power is used / generated. This is also a safety thing to protect motor and esc that can gradually be worked up as temps are monitored so you don't cook electronics. It involves maths and I don't do maths on weekends.... or ever for that matter anymore hehehe.
Im going to stick with 2204, just get a more efficient and higher kv motor. Then I dont need to worry about the 2mm bullets.

xunedeinx

For referance, im using my 2306 2200kv over my 2206 2600kv because with 6045bn props the 2600kv on 3s is pulling 44a at 100% throttle. The 2200kv pulled 22a.