The refurbishment of a Seagull Swift 40

Wildthing

Legendary member
1.6metre wingspan....big!!!
Couples inches wider then my twin pusher A-10 I designed, I never weighed it but I am sure it is up there also. It's cool but a pain in the butt to transport. ;)
2018_0916_091721_002.JPG
2018_0916_091735_003.JPG
2018_0916_092111_001.JPG

CarolineTyler

Legendary member

Wildthing

Legendary member
Lovely A10, yeah, that's why l modified this plan to have separate wing servos rather than the single one in the middle, so I could transport and store the wings one two panels.

Thank you. Mine is one piece and it just fits into the box of my truck at an angle and it has to be empty, with my work it is usually full so I have to empty it out each time. Now I try to keep them under 1200mm WS that way they even fit in the back seat. :D

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Man I musta been under a rock to miss all this. Looks like a pro did the refit not a first timer.

You never cease to amaze us Caroline. I think we should poke James Whomsly and get you in a podcast.

You could probably do it on the back deck while having tea together.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Most interviews are done over skype. You can do only text, only audio, or video even.

Hes pretty chill so no pressure. Its simple ask n answer formats. You already do the same thing in threads here. Its just faster. 😁

Besides we still have to talk the lad into it.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
The maiden (takeoff and initial trimming not flown by me) was perfect, totally locked in. The 2nd flight completely flown by me was great too. So I decided to break out the hat cam and get some video.
however.....
The motor broke during climb-out, I lost most of my power and didn't have enough height to turn around and make it back to the flying field for an emergency landing. I brought it down in long grass and no damage was inflicted on the airframe.

Last edited: