The Screw COVID-19 Toe Stubbing and Accomplishments reels

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I work in my office from home. My wife is retired. That means that while I am working, she has control of the TV remote.

If I have to hear Sense and Sensibility or Jane Eyre ONE MORE TIME...

I'd like to see FT do a series, two episodes, both long so we can watch for an hour each or so.

Episode1:
We are in the largest economic and social crash in most of our lives. I think it's time to celebrate it with a 60 minute long FT bloopers reel covering 2012 - 2019. Just crashing, laughing, near misses, blown up star destroyers, and David 'landing it'. Bonus for scenes with FIRE. :)

The idea is to show how many dumb crashes and foibles we have overcome with laughter and as friends for the past 8 (yep 8) years. Because we have had breaks before and we get through it as a family, because, this is what we do here. It's what we have always done here.

Episode2:
Building and new product rollouts episode. Show the highlights of 8 years. David showing off the V tailed Bat Bone, little kids flying for the first time and giggling and dancing when they succeed, build tent video from FT years past showing the spirit of innovation and invention. This episode should focus on the future by showing off the innovation and building process, the beauty of the new shop and just gorgeous flight video.

I know that long episodes don't fare well on Youtube and my problems are very "first world", but I am about to drown out the movie Overboard with BlackHawk Down or 13 Hours and that's sure to start a TV war. FT videos don't have any fighting or Hugh Grant looking like someone just whizzed in his socks... again.

We get enough fighting and sock whizzing from politicians. IMO, it's time to change the music.

What say @flitetest and forum fans? Would you watch an hour of old FT crash and burns or builds?

whackflyer

Master member
I work in my office from home. My wife is retired. That means that while I am working, she has control of the TV remote.

If I have to hear Sense and Sensibility or Jane Eyre ONE MORE TIME...

I'd like to see FT do a series, two episodes, both long so we can watch for an hour each or so.

Episode1:
We are in the largest economic and social crash in most of our lives. I think it's time to celebrate it with a 60 minute long FT bloopers reel covering 2012 - 2019. Just crashing, laughing, near misses, blown up star destroyers, and David 'landing it'. Bonus for scenes with FIRE. :)

The idea is to show how many dumb crashes and foibles we have overcome with laughter and as friends for the past 8 (yep 8) years. Because we have had breaks before and we get through it as a family, because, this is what we do here. It's what we have always done here.

Episode2:
Building and new product rollouts episode. Show the highlights of 8 years. David showing off the V tailed Bat Bone, little kids flying for the first time and giggling and dancing when they succeed, build tent video from FT years past showing the spirit of innovation and invention. This episode should focus on the future by showing off the innovation and building process, the beauty of the new shop and just gorgeous flight video.

I know that long episodes don't fare well on Youtube and my problems are very "first world", but I am about to drown out the movie Overboard with BlackHawk Down or 13 Hours and that's sure to start a TV war. FT videos don't have any fighting or Hugh Grant looking like someone just whizzed in his socks... again.

We get enough fighting and sock whizzing from politicians. IMO, it's time to change the music.

What say @flitetest and forum fans? Would you watch an hour of old FT crash and burns or builds?
That's an awesome idea! @flitetest @fliteadmin what do you think?

cranialrectosis

Mentor
I wish I had run video every time I plugged in a battery. I could make a music video of the groans, moans, and complaints my family has "every" single time I power anything up. Need a sampling keyboard. LOL

I remember a guy on this forum who was travelling and staying in a hotel when he tried to calibrate his ESCs (I think it was) on the hotel bed.

The copter shot straight up and humped the ceiling at WOT until he got it shut off.

No video though...

I have smoked ESCs, Flight controllers and motors... No video though...

I am betting that FT has LOTS of outtakes, motor smokings, ESC fryings and maybe just maybe a quad-copter-ceiling-hump. :)

Here's hoping!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I remember a guy on this forum who was travelling and staying in a hotel when he tried to calibrate his ESCs (I think it was) on the hotel bed.

The copter shot straight up and humped the ceiling at WOT until he got it shut off.

No video though...

I have smoked ESCs, Flight controllers and motors... No video though...

I am betting that FT has LOTS of outtakes, motor smokings, ESC fryings and maybe just maybe a quad-copter-ceiling-hump. :)

Here's hoping!

I had a really nice ceiling hump at one of my first ever indoor flys. Sat at the top of the dome for what seemed like an hour as we all watched it pound away. Finally dropped when the battery got low. Broke the frame after it slid down the side of the dome. BTW, Make sure you disable RTH if you are flying indoors! Especially if you are using a really pathetic radio that could cause a failsafe. Pretty sure it was trying to return to 0.000000 x 0.0000000 LOL Sorry, no vid....

LB

cranialrectosis

Mentor
I'll watch it if it makes sense with the sound off. Being an old man sitting on the porch, I don't require the WOH dude comment after everything and endlessly occurring chatter between.

Yeah, hoping for more fire than talk! :)

Here's one of my favorite high-light reels. The last part of this video is dedicated to fire!