The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

mayan

Legendary member
I hate when this happens :(. I went to the field right after dropping the kids off at school, and started setting up. On my crap check one aileron servo started heating up and I was forced to rip off it’s wire to protect everything else. I didn’t have a spare servo on hand because I with the most stupidity decided not to take a spare.

I was forced to go home and fix the wing there and so I did. Just about to leave the house I messaged a friend and had him tag a long promising that I wasn’t going for long and was just going to check the swappable tail mod. The tail mod held up in flight although the joint seems to have weakened will need to check that when I have a moment. Here is the crap video my friend took.

All in all I am happy with the results and want to do a check with the SpiTTT tail some time soon. I also want to finish building the TTT wing and nose section as well.

Enjoy the video, more later...

mayan

Legendary member
Just take the aileron stick to either the left or right side and correct to the other once the roll is 2/3 done with.
One comment though with the airfoil of this wing the TT wing you must also apply a bit of down elevator when inverted to counter the down lift that you will be getting. Hope you understood :)...

mayan

Legendary member
Ok so it’s 3am my eyes are half shut, I cut myself pretty ugly and got to get up at 6:30 again BUT I finished the TTT wing and nose so tomorrow I actually have 1 airframe and 4 planes (TT Glider, TT Sport, SpiTTT, and the TTT) :).

Tomorrow I still need to add some Velcro straps in the nose for the battery and do a balance check to make sure everything is balanced and good to go. Me and Eddo don’t have much time tomorrow morning because I need to pick up the kids from school early and still have to go to work too.

Any how off to bed more about how things went tomorrow...

mayan

Legendary member
Sorry for not being to active on the forum lately on new threads or even those that I am following, but I have been too brain dead to read and reply to anything. I think that I am all caught up by now though :). Any how I used this time off the forum to fool around a bit, playing with another TT mod, a swapable tail boom mod.

C07F88B6-E5B0-4611-96DE-B5FD3973C8BE.jpeg

I consider this mod a partitail success because it took longer then I wanted it to assemble at the field. The one thing I hate when at the field is setup time, I came to fly and that is what I want to do, so something that takes time to setup just wastes time for me at the field flying :). I built it in a way so that I wouldn't need to have seperate servos for each tail boom, and so that it would balance well with a 3S 800mah battery. That made it a little time consuming because it required that you pass the push rods through linkage stoppers and then level them. Other than that the mod worked fine and didn't effect the performance of the plane at all at least not that I noticed.

I have also been out to the field a few times during this time twice with @Eddo radush and once by myself. During the last two times out with Eddo he was flying his scaled down version of his old foggy.

IMG_2101.JPG

While I was flying 3 different birds built on one airframe the TT.

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2113.JPG

Yes I have some videos this time so here is me flying the SpiTTT.

And here is my attempt at the TTT.

@Eddo radush has an edited video of him flying his bird so I am not going to upload any video of him and encourage him to do so himself :).

The TTT didn’t fly well and not because of @Arcfyre design but solely because of technical issues that I had. One my first attempt that seen on the video above I had a lose servo on the right aileron that’s why it keeps nosing to the left. On my second go which is not on video I had a Rx brown out, at least I think that’s what it was. What happened was that the servos would respond then stop responding and then respond again, the plane never went up because of that :/.

The second time me and Eddo went out flying together we went to a different field one that we both ended not liking. We went there because we had all my co-workers as spectators and someone to film us from a birds eye. How? Well I work at the core of the city everything and anything happening in the city usually goes through us to have more control over the city we have cameras located in various places, cameras which we can control. So that morning I went to work even though it wasn't my shift and searched for the perfect place.

IMG_2137.JPG

After advising with Eddo we picked a place and agreed to meet there, I went home and started packing up. About 30 mins later we got to the field and prepared to fly. The field was shorter than we thought it would be and the main road quite busy, Eddo felt a little uncomfortable flying so I went first to see if it is doable, mean time we also had his battery on charge. I was nervous can't lie about that, but was eager to give my wife and other co-workers a show, plus get it all on video.

bc3b877d-84b7-4e3f-8530-f907464c4625.jpg

I tossed my TT with the sports wing up in the air hoping not to embarrass myself and started circuiting the field. Slowly I started understanding the field and wind directions, dead spots etc. and started feeling more comfortable flying in it.

I finished a whole battery and brought the plane down and went check if Eddo's battery had finished charging and if he wanted to go up here. We decided that we would both feel more comfortable flying elsewhere so we packed up quickly and drove a little down the road to get to a field that was more distant for the main road. We unpacked and quickly went flying, both of us had minor success and came out with a so so feeling, at least I did. To sweeten the bad taste up a bit I pulled out my parachute mod for the TT and we fooled around with that for a bit, until we had to pack up and each one went his way.

After that time at the field which felt kinda crap, I talked to Eddo and we decided to do some TT battles (more about this later down the post). I have also made a decision to spend more time and a good amount it perfecting my flying skills with the TT. I feel that the TT really has a lot to offer and with all its existing mods can allow you to get the feel for flying as if you were flying other models. I'll still build and fly other models but a lot of my time will go to flying more on the TT and it's modes. So later during the day I started fixing myself one good TT that can work with some mods. I started off by changing the parachute mod that I had to the standard FT parachute/bomb drop mechanism.

90B6DAD9-D40D-4C8D-A60B-B6752FAC3824.jpeg

And built a removable landing gear setup, which uses the slot that is cut out for the SpiTTT mod :).

8ADFD29B-F14A-4A1C-B00A-7BE4E5B82E99.jpeg

I was so pleased that the next day after a 12 hour night shift 23 to 11 and not going to sleep afterwards I went to the field to practice :). I practiced leveled circuit flying, parachute/bomb drops and ground take offs and landings. I don't have that on video but I managed to both take off and land successfully without nosing over. Although my landing seemed to be somewhat of pure hult the moment the wheels touched the ground :?.

Any way this is what I want to practice with the TT and its mods:
1) Leveled circuits
2) Loops
3) Rolls (left and right)
4) Inverted
5) Parachute/Bomb drops
6) Ground takeoffs and landings
7) Going between and under things (trees, bridges, etc.)

To sum up this long post (thank you if you stayed with me), I'll just toss out that me and Eddo are trying to organize an outing with our beloved ones this Friday afternoon for some lunch and flying :).

Last edited:

basslord1124

Master member
Read the whole post....sounds like a lot of fun AND learning. I must say the Spit-TT mod seems like an excellent flyer. Very smooth.

I must say the camera thing at work...that's neat but man I don't know if I would want to embarrass myself in front of coworkers. :D

I hear ya on forum activity...feel like I've neglected other people's posts. Sometimes I don't see posts til they've got like 8 pages to them lol. Think all this rain we had been having has been making me feel down. The sun is starting to make more frequent appearances though the past few days.

mayan

Legendary member
Read the whole post....sounds like a lot of fun AND learning. I must say the Spit-TT mod seems like an excellent flyer. Very smooth.

I must say the camera thing at work...that's neat but man I don't know if I would want to embarrass myself in front of coworkers. :D

I hear ya on forum activity...feel like I've neglected other people's posts. Sometimes I don't see posts til they've got like 8 pages to them lol. Think all this rain we had been having has been making me feel down. The sun is starting to make more frequent appearances though the past few days.
But when it’s sunny I rather be out flying :) so no forum time either.

Jimun

Elite member
Sorry for not being to active on the forum lately on new threads or even those that I am following, but I have been too brain dead to read and reply to anything. I think that I am all caught up by now though :). Any how I used this time off the forum to fool around a bit, playing with another TT mod, a swapable tail boom mod.

View attachment 134484

I consider this mod a partitail success because it took longer then I wanted it to assemble at the field. The one thing I hate when at the field is setup time, I came to fly and that is what I want to do, so something that takes time to setup just wastes time for me at the field flying :). I built it in a way so that I wouldn't need to have seperate servos for each tail boom, and so that it would balance well with a 3S 800mah battery. That made it a little time consuming because it required that you pass the push rods through linkage stoppers and then level them. Other than that the mod worked fine and didn't effect the performance of the plane at all at least not that I noticed.

I have also been out to the field a few times during this time twice with @Eddo radush and once by myself. During the last two times out with Eddo he was flying his scaled down version of his old foggy.

View attachment 134474

While I was flying 3 different birds built on one airframe the TT.

View attachment 134475
View attachment 134476
View attachment 134477

Yes I have some videos this time so here is me flying the SpiTTT.

And here is my attempt at the TTT.

@Eddo radush has an edited video of him flying his bird so I am not going to upload any video of him and encourage him to do so himself :).

The TTT didn’t fly well and not because of @Arcfyre’s design but solely because of technical issues that I had. One my first attempt that seen on the video above I had a lose servo on the right aileron that’s why it keeps nosing to the left. On my second go which is not on video I had a Rx brown out, at least I think that’s what it was. What happened was that the servos would respond then stop responding and then respond again, the plane never went up because of that :/.

The second time me and Eddo went out flying together we went to a different field one that we both ended not liking. We went there because we had all my co-workers as spectators and someone to film us from a birds eye. How? Well I work at the core of the city everything and anything happening in the city usually goes through us to have more control over the city we have cameras located in various places, cameras which we can control. So that morning I went to work even though it wasn't my shift and searched for the perfect place.

View attachment 134478

After advising with Eddo we picked a place and agreed to meet there, I went home and started packing up. About 30 mins later we got to the field and prepared to fly. The field was shorter than we thought it would be and the main road quite busy, Eddo felt a little uncomfortable flying so I went first to see if it is doable, mean time we also had his battery on charge. I was nervous can't lie about that, but was eager to give my wife and other co-workers a show, plus get it all on video.

View attachment 134480

I tossed my TT with the sports wing up in the air hoping not to embarrass myself and started circuiting the field. Slowly I started understanding the field and wind directions, dead spots etc. and started feeling more comfortable flying in it.

I finished a whole battery and brought the plane down and went check if Eddo's battery had finished charging and if he wanted to go up here. We decided that we would both feel more comfortable flying elsewhere so we packed up quickly and drove a little down the road to get to a field that was more distant for the main road. We unpacked and quickly went flying, both of us had minor success and came out with a so so feeling, at least I did. To sweeten the bad taste up a bit I pulled out my parachute mod for the TT and we fooled around with that for a bit, until we had to pack up and each one went his way.

After that time at the field which felt kinda crap, I talked to Eddo and we decided to do some TT battles (more about this later down the post). I have also made a decision to spend more time and a good amount it perfecting my flying skills with the TT. I feel that the TT really has a lot to offer and with all its existing mods can allow you to get the feel for flying as if you were flying other models. I'll still build and fly other models but a lot of my time will go to flying more on the TT and it's modes. So later during the day I started fixing myself one good TT that can work with some mods. I started off by changing the parachute mod that I had to the standard FT parachute/bomb drop mechanism.

View attachment 134485

And built a removable landing gear setup, which uses the slot that is cut out for the SpiTTT mod :).

View attachment 134486

I was so pleased that the next day after a 12 hour night shift 23 to 11 and not going to sleep afterwards I went to the field to practice :). I practiced leveled circuit flying, parachute/bomb drops and ground take offs and landings. I don't have that on video but I managed to both take off and land successfully without nosing over. Although my landing seemed to be somewhat of pure hult the moment the wheels touched the ground :?.

Any way this is what I want to practice with the TT and its mods:
1) Leveled circuits
2) Loops
3) Rolls (left and right)
4) Inverted
5) Parachute/Bomb drops
6) Ground takeoffs and landings
7) Going between and under things (trees, bridges, etc.)

To sum up this long post (thank you if you stayed with me), I'll just toss out that me and Eddo are trying to organize an outing with our beloved ones this Friday afternoon for some lunch and flying :).
That is so awesome @mayan. Your flying looks great and it is good you have found a friend to fly with. You might get to the point that we will be asking, is there anything you haven't done with a TT:unsure:. Oh I just had one come to mind, water landings with floats:LOL:. There you go, that's a new one for you.

mayan

Legendary member
That is so awesome @mayan. Your flying looks great and it is good you have found a friend to fly with. You might get to the point that we will be asking, is there anything you haven't done with a TT:unsure:. Oh I just had one come to mind, water landings with floats:LOL:. There you go, that's a new one for you.
Yeah that also needs to go on that list, as well as slope soaring.

You have way to much energy for me :) .
You know you could practice bombing the cameras ;)
Idea! But do you really want to leave a camera on the ground somewhere in the field :?!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Idea! But do you really want to leave a camera on the ground somewhere in the field :?!
Yeah! Lol

I'm still working on editing... been busy lately... tried filming some bomb drops but the camera doesn't really do it justice so I did some low passes... only smoked my tripod a few times so it was all good! 🤣

That's what the cameras are for! Lol

Great post! Sorry about the troubles with the TTT, you'll get her sorted out!

I don't think there's a security camera within 50 miles of where I fly! Lol!

mayan

Legendary member
Yeah! Lol

I'm still working on editing... been busy lately... tried filming some bomb drops but the camera doesn't really do it justice so I did some low passes... only smoked my tripod a few times so it was all good! 🤣

That's what the cameras are for! Lol

Great post! Sorry about the troubles with the TTT, you'll get her sorted out!

I don't think there's a security camera within 50 miles of where I fly! Lol!
Thanks. I much rather not have them either but that’s what you get when you live in the city. And if that’s the case I might as well know where they are and control them :).