The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

mayan

Legendary member
WHY??? 😲

Because I had a ton of fun doing so!!!!! I learned a few things about the DGA-6 V1 after today’s tests and now get to take the rest apart and build a new one. I flew the Sparrow on the edge of my ability and watched it as it was eventually shredded into pieces by my car from only a few steps away.

Great day even though nothing survived. I am starting to like the mini Sparrow as a plane to always have in the car.

mayan

Legendary member
Because I had a ton of fun doing so!!!!! I learned a few things about the DGA-6 V1 after today’s tests and now get to take the rest apart and build a new one. I flew the Sparrow on the edge of my ability and watched it as it was eventually shredded into pieces by my car from only a few steps away.

Great day even though nothing survived. I am starting to like the mini Sparrow as a plane to always have in the car.

Videos later today! Done editing the footage, waiting for the exports to finish; than we upload.

EDIT: done exporting waiting on upload :)

mayan

Legendary member
As I already mentioned I went out to the field today to maiden the DGA-6 for the second time and try run a few tests on it. I also took the Sparrow with me to the field and had a blast with it. Flying 80-100% throttle all the time (the wind picked up). I flew down wind at speeds I was afraid of but to my suprise managed to keep the plane leveled at very low altitudes (watch the video and you'll see what I am talking about). Any how both my planes came back in body bags but I had such a good time today that I don't care. I wanted to re-build the sparrow tonight so I can go to the field again tomorrow but not sure I can start and finish it today considering I have nothing ready. Any how enjoy the video, later :).

EDIT: Forgot to mention @buzzbomb, @BATTLEAXE this is for you ;)

Last edited:

basslord1124

Master member
Catching up your thread and watching some of the videos now.

The Sparrow was just one of those planes that never really captured my attention. You are definitely having fun with yours and that's good to see. :)

And yes even crashing planes can be fun. I never thought in a million years I'd be laughing at times when I crash. Still get a little bummed, but still try to make light of the situation.

Love the Spitfire with some color now! With it passing by the camera...it almost has a full scale motor sound. So what ended up happening to the Spit?

DGA-6 seemed to fly ok...perhaps the throws/controls were a little too much.

mayan

Legendary member
Going home after an extended afternoon shift at work. One which was very productive, cut out all the pieces for V2 of the DGA-6. I want to go to the field in 5 hours for about an hour. Debating what plane to take with me, the Spitfire, the Edge 540, or the Corsair; what do you say?

mayan

Legendary member
Well as you all know @Grifflyer is the only one who voted his thought so he won :). I still haven't edited the footage but the next video is dedicated to you @Grifflyer! Mean while till I get the video edited here are some great pictures for you all :).

IMG_3961.PNG IMG_3962.PNG IMG_3963.PNG IMG_3964.PNG IMG_3965.PNG IMG_3966.PNG IMG_3967.PNG IMG_3968.PNG IMG_3969.PNG IMG_3970.PNG IMG_3971.PNG IMG_3972.PNG IMG_3973.PNG IMG_3974.PNG IMG_3975.PNG IMG_3976.PNG IMG_3977.PNG IMG_3978.PNG IMG_3979.PNG IMG_3980.PNG IMG_3982.PNG IMG_3983.PNG IMG_3984.PNG IMG_3985.PNG IMG_3986.PNG IMG_3989.PNG IMG_3990.PNG IMG_3991.PNG IMG_3993.PNG

mayan

Legendary member

So it took a few days but I finially got around to editing the footage to create this VLOG for you all. Hope you enjoy the video like I enjoyed putting it together. This video is dedicated to @Grifflyer, for shring his thought about which plane I should go fly thde other day :).

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
So it took a few days but I finially got around to editing the footage to create this VLOG for you all. Hope you enjoy the video like I enjoyed putting it together. This video is dedicated to @Grifflyer, for shring his thought about which plane I should go fly thde other day :).

Nice job, @mayan! You managed to capture some great flying moments. I laughed at the failed launch, and cringed at the close calls with the camera. Great flying and a great video. :)