The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

Vimana89

Legendary member
Looks like you had another awesome time flying/crashing!

The Arrowhead looks like a lot of fun and a simple build...makes me tempted to try one. Great flying on the Easy Edge too.
If you ever do, there's now awesome plans by @Grifflyer, and it's my bad for not having released them yet, due to like I said above, some stressful stuff going on the past week. I'll get on making that resource, but in the mean time, just hit me or @Grifflyer up in PM and we can give you the plans any time(y)

mayan

Legendary member
Looks like you had another awesome time flying/crashing!

The Arrowhead looks like a lot of fun and a simple build...makes me tempted to try one. Great flying on the Easy Edge too.
It’s not a challenge but I highly recommend you build one I am sure you’ll like it.

Great video!
Thanks!

Man, that was awesome! Sorry again for missing this in my feed and coming late to the table...a lot of unpleasant and distracting things to deal with in my daily life at the moment. Great flying on all of your planes, you took to the Arrowhead no problem, and fly it as well as you fly the planes you've spent a lot more time on such as your TT👍.Looked like a perfect day to fly and be outside(nice field by the way, like the view!) Your son seemed to be having a blast on the sticks, and sounds like everyone had a great time. Thanks so much for sharing, it lightens my mood a bit to see this.
Man it was my pleasure to fly it. It handles great, rolls like crazy and generally was a super fun experience. Taking that no damage was done to it, it will fly again soon. BTW also my son was flying it and enjoyed it very much, especially making me stressed to make sure he doesn’t crash it :). No worries about when you watched the video buddy, I knew you’d find it and enjoy it at some point happy it lightened up your day a bit.

Jimun

Elite member

mayan

Legendary member
Yesterday was a treasured day, it was a prefect day to fly in, with 0 wind. I should have flown my new 3mm FB Easy Edge but haven’t finished adding the electronics to it. Instead I flew the Arrowhead and Spitfire and had a great time. Here are the videos from yesterday.

Flying the Arrowhead with a few suggestions to @Vimana89 and @Grifflyer for a next version :).

Flying the Spitfire as hard as I could dedicated to @The Hangar.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Great flying! 4ch with full rudder is something that will be coming soon, I agree it will give so much more capability. I have an opening in mine for air cooling, in fact the top where the battery goes in at the front is just open. I'm not sure anything like that is on the plan, but it is easy enough to add some air flow. Great suggestions, and technical troubles happen, you still flew well and kept the plane in focus(y).

Vimana89

Legendary member
Outstanding flying with the Spitfire! You flew with massive
1574503353752.png
's indeed!

Jimun

Elite member
Yesterday was a treasured day, it was a prefect day to fly in, with 0 wind. I should have flown my new 3mm FB Easy Edge but haven’t finished adding the electronics to it. Instead I flew the Arrowhead and Spitfire and had a great time. Here are the videos from yesterday.

Flying the Arrowhead with a few suggestions to @Vimana89 and @Grifflyer for a next version :).

Great Job @mayan.:D It looks like you are getting really close to getting that knife edge. You are looking like you have been flying for years. You scared me when your face popped into the screen:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Great flying Mayan!
I love the low pass at 1:10
OH YEAH man!! You OWNED those inverted passes!!
I don’t have time right now to finish watching the video (I stopped where you to hover) I wanted you to know I’ve seen part of it and you were really doing great on the “fly as hard as you can” challenge! Keep it up man! 👍

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I watched the rest of your vid! On my c pack and 10x4.7 prop I have unlimited vertical on my planes (except the ft edge). I really think you would like the ft-3D - it’s my 3d trainer and it can do all sorts of aerobatics well and is super easy to fly. I’m eager to see the EAF fly hard for sure! Keep up the good work man!

Oh, and I wan to add that my spitfire with tons of throws can hardly hold a knife edge in max rates at full throttle. Just FYI

mayan

Legendary member
Today was probably one of the best days I've had at the field in a very long time. I had my friend from work tag a long. I had the Easy Edge which broke after a quick run, the spitfire with my new on board camera on it flying great, and the TT with bomb drops. The day was EPIC!

I started of by crashing the Easy Edge so hard that I broke the 3d printed PLA firewall under less then a mintue of flight :), ouch! Next I pulled out and did an amazing flight with the Spitfire and the on board camera, pluse 2 other that were pointed at me, one from a tripod and one was held by my friend. I did nice slow low passes, rolls, and inverted flights. I chose 3 different camera positions out of the 6 I marked but ended up liking two more than the others.

Next I pulled out the TT and did some bomb streamer drops trying to mimic Flitetest's pumkin drop episode and added a praturper just for extra fun. The extra load made the plane heavy and hard to controll but I managed to eventually gain altitude and enter a some what safer zone. Then I did it, I made the drop :), and it was EPIC, at least to me it was, did it once more and called it a day for that.

By now my friend left so I flew another battery on the Spitfire with the other two camera positions and called it a day after the firewall broke off the power pod the second time. Video is going to be edited soon but propally not finished today.

mayan

Legendary member
I started of by crashing the Easy Edge so hard that I broke the 3d printed PLA firewall under less then a mintue of flight :), ouch!

Next I pulled out the TT and did some bomb streamer drops trying to mimic Flitetest's pumkin drop episode and added a praturper just for extra fun. The extra load made the plane heavy and hard to controll but I managed to eventually gain altitude and enter a some what safer zone. Then I did it, I made the drop :), and it was EPIC, at least to me it was, did it once more and called it a day for that.

Spitfire video is still being editted so I'll post a video of that when it's ready.