The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

Vimana89

Legendary member
Last night a friend at work helped me out and together we rebuilt the wing set of the Simple Soarer, the plane that I originally bought the cyclops camera for. Next that I am out at the field this plane is coming with me and I am sure it will also provide great aerial footage of my flying field.

View attachment 149248
View attachment 149249
What a great project! Can't wait to see how that one flies and what sort of onboard footage you get. Good to have friends who enjoy at least some part of the hobby with you, that's why I might check out the local club next year.

mayan

Legendary member
What a great project! Can't wait to see how that one flies and what sort of onboard footage you get. Good to have friends who enjoy at least some part of the hobby with you, that's why I might check out the local club next year.
I took out all the planes I mentioned on my earlier post and flew them all. Some got damaged but have already been repaired. I didn’t manage to get any on board footage this time the camera was giving issues :(. I do have footage of all the planes flying from a GoPro head strap this time after a long time I didn’t have that as an option. Footage has been edited and will be uploaded and posted once it finishes exporting the video from iMovie.

mayan

Legendary member
Alright so it is long, very long but here you have it; 1 video 5 planes. I made one long video of all my flying during the day, and a few short videos of each plane too. The long video will be posted here for anyone wanting to sit and watch ~50 mintues of me having fun flying different planes and talking about them. The shorter videos will be posted on different threads based on the plane that was flying. Enjoy!

Wildthing

Legendary member
Alright so it is long, very long but here you have it; 1 video 5 planes. I made one long video of all my flying during the day, and a few short videos of each plane too. The long video will be posted here for anyone wanting to sit and watch ~50 mintues of me having fun flying different planes and talking about them. The shorter videos will be posted on different threads based on the plane that was flying. Enjoy!

For your Goblin check to make sure the prop is facing forward, simple error I have done a few times . Also with the motor going in the wrong rotation to keep the spinner tight double check it after each landing. When the prop strikes the ground that is what usually knocks it loose.

mayan

Legendary member
For your Goblin check to make sure the prop is facing forward, simple error I have done a few times . Also with the motor going in the wrong rotation to keep the spinner tight double check it after each landing. When the prop strikes the ground that is what usually knocks it loose.
Yep I had to fasten it down a few times during the outing as I have the motor spinning CW with a CCW prop.

Randomkid87

The end of one journey is the start of a new one!

Today I have decided that’s time to end the journey, the journey that I started when I first meet FT and started learning to fly RC planes (https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/hobby-newbie-learning-diary-family-included.54910/). It’s been one hell of a journey, one that I will never forget, but I think it’s time; it’s time to end that journey and start this one.

This journey will be the second part of my journey into this wonderful hobby. It will be all about the things that I have worked on and things that I am working on; doing, building, and flying. Some of the content will be linking to other threads, for example build threads, other content will be posted here so stay tuned because one way or the another it will be exciting!

More to come soon...

so glad for ya! you are 100% right it has been a hell of journey and even as a drone flyer FT has re-sparked my love for flying my drone and trying to get those perfect pictures and awesome video clips for my next video!! heres to a knew journey!:)

mayan

Legendary member
Which video did you mention me in?
This one.
I promised I'd join the fun so here I am, I just can't believe you started the party without me :). Any how I said I join with the Easy Edge by @Headbang but all the ones I built I RIPed too, during practice. I still need to build a new one to keep practicing my 3D flying and use it to join the challenge but in the mean time here is video of me going crazy with my Spifir, or like @BATTLEAXE said fly the snot out of it :). Enjoy!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Since the days in which I will get to go to field are becoming longer apart due to winter arriving I think it would be a good idea to max out on tomorrow’s outing to the field. I think I’ll make good use of the calm winds tomorrow and take as many planes with me as will fit in my car. So what’s going? The fixed Simple Soarer, the Arrowhead, the new 3mm KFM Wing that I just finished (first maiden), the Goblin (first maiden) and the Spitfire just in case all goes wrong. The only bummer about the situation is that I need to swap out the Rx to fly some of the different models. I do plan on trying to film tomorrow’s outing and hope for some good footage. Good night.
Good luck!!! I wish this weekend held flyable weather for me. I will compensate with some indoor flying of quads and helicopter