The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
My 20 servos came!
62D24834-E0EA-4AC5-B635-9A25E6611DF2.jpeg

mayan

Legendary member
The extra weight will only mean that you need more speed to keep up your airspeed! I hope it clears up and you can fly!
Me too :)!

Lol - More speed to keep up you airspeed?
Do you mean more speed to stay above stall speed?
Yep I understood him :p!

I have to ask why didn't you go with a 2200 or 3000 4S battery to save weight? Flight time is shorter especially with an edf but even just launching you wingload is quite a bit higher.
Don’t know :rolleyes::unsure:

Let us know how they are.

Ok so I have a lot of catching up to do on the forum.
7F1851A3-0966-4041-9BEC-906B2315EC58.jpeg

And a few projects I’ll be working on the Mr Mulligan, Mini Edge and @mach1 rc ’s hurricane.

More tomorrow...

mayan

Legendary member
So still haven’t gone through the alerts I have to go through and the number is just rising :).
1BB55073-E93B-4F21-8846-515D83212588.jpeg

Weather isn’t good for flying so I started working on the projects at hand. Starting with the Mini Edge scale down plans I got stuck and put it a side while I seeked help from some forum members. I’ll g err back to that tomorrow :).

Moving on I went back to the Mr Mulligan and added wheel pants to the design to make it look more scale. I posted about it on the build thread appreciate if you give me your feedback on the looks off it. For easy reference I’ll quote that post here.

Ok so after a lot of debate I have decided not to buy the Howard DGA-6 aka Mr Mulligan kit I found while I was on vacation in Italy and order a few electronics I was missing instead :). I feel like my time for finishing this project is starting to run short so I got to get going. This being said I have decided to release two versions. Version One which will be flyable and as simple to build as possible and Version Two which will be released later and will be more scale looking and a bit more time consuming to build.

I already have the latest test version built missing only electronics to go through it’s final testing phase, making sure it flies like it should. But since the weather here isn’t good for flying I took the time today to work on Version Two and added the wheel pants :).

The landing gear should be super durable and and looks like this. Missing the other side obviously :).

Let me know what you all think, please.

Appreciate your feedback please.

mayan

Legendary member
Having issues setting up flaps on my flysky i6x have the servos hooked up on channels 5 + 6 and the switch channel 7 can’t seem to get it to work though ;( any one has that Tx and can post some pictures of how it should be set up?

mayan

Legendary member
Today I hit the field after a while of not flying, being on vacation and the weather sucking. Wasn't sure if my thumb memory would device me or not and if the field was even something I'd like to fly over :p. The field was OK but the weather was changing fast, winds picking up and rain drops coming my way. I had to make a choice and I did. I made a choice to give it a go and out went the Mr. Mulligan. You can read about it here: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...d-dga-6-racing-designed-by-mayan.59861/page-9.

Then I took out my overly repaired TT wondering if it would even fly, and it did. It felt under powered with an F pack motor with full deflections and a 3S 1000mah battery. It also had a lot of trimming to do to it so it would even track straight. At some point I accidentally shot a gap that I've been wanting to shoot for a long time and then just kept going try to make a full successful pass ;), enjoy the video.

mayan

Legendary member
Short update here. I have a few things that need to be done and this is the order in which they will be done in.
1) repair the minor damages on my mr mulligan.
2) title up the plans for the hurricane that was designed by @mach1 rc who has called me to duty for testing and I happily agreed.
3) title up the plans for the FT Racer.
4) modify up the ft edge 540 plans and make them a 75% scale down version.

Think that’s enough for now, let’s get started :).

Wildthing

Legendary member
Today I hit the field after a while of not flying, being on vacation and the weather sucking. Wasn't sure if my thumb memory would device me or not and if the field was even something I'd like to fly over :p. The field was OK but the weather was changing fast, winds picking up and rain drops coming my way. I had to make a choice and I did. I made a choice to give it a go and out went the Mr. Mulligan. You can read about it here: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...d-dga-6-racing-designed-by-mayan.59861/page-9.

Then I took out my overly repaired TT wondering if it would even fly, and it did. It felt under powered with an F pack motor with full deflections and a 3S 1000mah battery. It also had a lot of trimming to do to it so it would even track straight. At some point I accidentally shot a gap that I've been wanting to shoot for a long time and then just kept going try to make a full successful pass ;), enjoy the video.

That was good :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: