The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

Jimun

Elite member
So a while ago I mentioned that I went out to the field and had a crap time came back home with 3 broken planes and then a week later went out again with the same planes but this time had a blast so here is the video of the day I had a blast, enjoy :).

I also realized that I am starting to have a storage issue with my planes, and that due to the Build Ruary Challenge the problem is becoming worse :). What do you think :)?

View attachment 157587
View attachment 157589
View attachment 157590
View attachment 157592
A good day flying. Loved it. The Stop and Go of the Mulligan made me chuckle:LOL:.

You could hang your planes from the ceiling, then they would be out of the way:ROFLMAO:. Don't know if your family would agree:ROFLMAO:.

Vimana89

Legendary member
So a while ago I mentioned that I went out to the field and had a crap time came back home with 3 broken planes and then a week later went out again with the same planes but this time had a blast so here is the video of the day I had a blast, enjoy :).

I also realized that I am starting to have a storage issue with my planes, and that due to the Build Ruary Challenge the problem is becoming worse :). What do you think :)?

View attachment 157587
View attachment 157589
View attachment 157590
View attachment 157592
A bit late to comment on this one but just getting a chance to watch. Awesome flying, we all need to shake off the rust here and there, some of the most experienced members here would agree that their mojo gets rusty too if they don't fly for a while. Have I ever mentioned I like the view of your field very much? It's always cool to watch you fly anything there, but watching the Arrowhead take to the skies so far around the globe is always extra inspiring. Also,your flying with the Spitfire is top notch every time no matter how rusty you get(y)

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
A good day flying. Loved it. The Stop and Go of the Mulligan made me chuckle:LOL:.

You could hang your planes from the ceiling, then they would be out of the way:ROFLMAO:. Don't know if your family would agree:ROFLMAO:.
A bit late to comment on this one but just getting a chance to watch. Awesome flying, we all need to shake off the rust here and there, some of the most experienced members here would agree that their mojo gets rusty too if they don't fly for a while. Have I ever mentioned I like the view of your field very much? It's always cool to watch you fly anything there, but watching the Arrowhead take to the skies so far around the globe is always extra inspiring. Also,your flying with the Spitfire is top notch every time no matter how rusty you get(y)
Thanks guys, be prepared for more to come soon considering it’s Build Ruary Month.

mayan

Legendary member
This post is dedicated a little to the personal side of my life as apart from my usual RC stuff. Over the last few months our building has started a massive project called Tama 38. A project that is supposed to strengthen up old buildings and prepare them for an earthquake or bombing. The project itself gives the apartment owners another room and a balcony while the renovator receives two more floors.

So far we’ve been surviving it and making the best to keep uplifted emotionally about the changes happening around us. Yesterday though was a breaking point when we had plaster walls built in our living room and master bedroom. The plaster walls are supposed to protect us from what is being done on the outside but apart from that are also blocking out all of the natural light that we used to get because on both rooms we had huge windows and those have been covered.

The feeling of people working in your house when you don’t really want this whole project is horrible. Yesterday the whole situation broke my wife, and set her into tears. All morning I was trying my best not to do anything that might add to the whole situation.

5BD90B27-A217-4590-8316-47CD6AFF614A.jpeg
95827373-2B9F-4CA0-8795-7E332CED95CE.jpeg

297C6E6F-5876-4BDC-B6C7-F3971BEC6E41.jpeg

8DC13BBC-009A-4668-9A48-4D6FD66A9AB1.jpeg
A01364CB-14AF-4E14-BAD3-6C642B12160F.jpeg

09EDFF66-0AA8-463B-8757-0F759C907F8B.jpeg

In the afternoon despite me being extremely tried considering I was after a night shift without having slept due to the work that took place in our bedroom I decided to start fixing the house back. I was only able to fix so much though before my wife came home with the kids so I only managed to give her a half surprise. When she got home we finished fixing and I went to sleep for only about 2 hours because I had to get up and go to another night shift. When I got up my wife told me about a call she got from one of the parents in my sons class saying that he is continuously bugging her daughter. What a great way to top off my day, ahhh?

Frustrated, tried, confused, sad, exhausted from life, I went to work. When I got there I just couldn’t start working I was flooded emotionally and just enter the line. I asked a friend if he could cover for me a few minutes so I can go smoke a cigarette but all I really wanted was to let it out. To cry like a little child, to try just for a moment to let it all out everything I’ve been holding inside for a while, the building issue, my son’s issues, my daughter’s issues. That’s what I did, I weeped for a whole cigarette and when I was done I wiped off my tears and went inside.

Feeling a bit better and too tried to go to sleep as I could have, I felt like I had to do something, to build something new. So I started building a FT Charlie for the build ruary. I would have finished building it if I wouldn’t have had to stay up for a meeting today about which school we should send our daughter too. So I put it a side and went to lay down for another 2 hours until the cleaning lady woke us up. Today wasn’t easy either and we got out of the meeting without a decision and a lot of discussing and checking to do. Still awake and exhausted I still have a staff meeting at work to night, and until then I have to entertain two kids. Wish me luck.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Living through your own personal renovations can be very trying on a person (couple) mind you a one that isn't by your choice. You would have thought for such a major renovation they would have put you up in another hotel or something.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
This post is dedicated a little to the personal side of my life as apart from my usual RC stuff. Over the last few months our building has started a massive project called Tama 38. A project that is supposed to strengthen up old buildings and prepare them for an earthquake or bombing. The project itself gives the apartment owners another room and a balcony while the renovator receives two more floors.

So far we’ve been surviving it and making the best to keep uplifted emotionally about the changes happening around us. Yesterday though was a breaking point when we had plaster walls built in our living room and master bedroom. The plaster walls are supposed to protect us from what is being done on the outside but apart from that are also blocking out all of the natural light that we used to get because on both rooms we had huge windows and those have been covered.

The feeling of people working in your house when you don’t really want this whole project is horrible. Yesterday the whole situation broke my wife, and set her into tears. All morning I was trying my best not to do anything that might add to the whole situation.

View attachment 158435 View attachment 158436
View attachment 158432
View attachment 158437 View attachment 158438
View attachment 158439

In the afternoon despite me being extremely tried considering I was after a night shift without having slept due to the work that took place in our bedroom I decided to start fixing the house back. I was only able to fix so much though before my wife came home with the kids so I only managed to give her a half surprise. When she got home we finished fixing and I went to sleep for only about 2 hours because I had to get up and go to another night shift. When I got up my wife told me about a call she got from one of the parents in my sons class saying that he is continuously bugging her daughter. What a great way to top off my day, ahhh?

Frustrated, tried, confused, sad, exhausted from life, I went to work. When I got there I just couldn’t start working I was flooded emotionally and just enter the line. I asked a friend if he could cover for me a few minutes so I can go smoke a cigarette but all I really wanted was to let it out. To cry like a little child, to try just for a moment to let it all out everything I’ve been holding inside for a while, the building issue, my son’s issues, my daughter’s issues. That’s what I did, I weeped for a whole cigarette and when I was done I wiped off my tears and went inside.

Feeling a bit better and too tried to go to sleep as I could have, I felt like I had to do something, to build something new. So I started building a FT Charlie for the build ruary. I would have finished building it if I wouldn’t have had to stay up for a meeting today about which school we should send our daughter too. So I put it a side and went to lay down for another 2 hours until the cleaning lady woke us up. Today wasn’t easy either and we got out of the meeting without a decision and a lot of discussing and checking to do. Still awake and exhausted I still have a staff meeting at work to night, and until then I have to entertain two kids. Wish me luck.
I’m sorry man, that’s rough... :confused: I’ll keep you in my prayers.

Jimun

Elite member

View attachment 158432
View attachment 158439

Hi mayan, I prayed for you a couple of times today and I will keep you in my prayers. God bless you and your family. Peace to you, your wife and kids.

OliverW

Legendary member

View attachment 158432
View attachment 158439

I will keep you in my prayers.

mayan

Legendary member
Thanks guys I appreciate it. Feeling better today considering I got some sleep and the house seems somewhat organized :). Life like life is just sort of got back on routine. I wanted to hit the field this morning but it was raining last night and I had to hit the super market for food so I decided I’d just stay and start decorating my x-29; prep it for a maiden when the weather plays along.

mayan

Legendary member
The other day I started feeling a bit better and started decorating the X-29.

First off was to print the plans out at work.
8A90D8A0-D783-4711-B89C-9EC32DE02564.JPG

Then we setup the work space and started working.
IMG_6319.JPG

IMG_6320.JPG

IMG_6321.JPG

I worked until I had no more decal templates ready and stoped to make launch and watch some off the kids shows until my wife came back from work with more decal templates. We ate lunch and watched a movie considering my mom took the kids and gave us the afternoon free.
C67AC30E-2A9F-4209-943F-F8E7BAC0C60F.JPG

7EA567D1-97EE-49D7-8B55-040208AF86D2.JPG

After the movie was over I went back to decorating the X-29 and got to this point, now I have to make more decals.
IMG_6325.JPG

mayan

Legendary member
Ok so this is a short request type post. I have recently read @basslord1124 post and it reminded me that I still haven't submitted my comment to the FAA, so I just submitted my comment to them and kindly ask you to do so too if you still haven't done so. You can do it here: http://bit.ly/2RnY8Ty but before you do please watch this video that Flite Test put out so you can get a better understanding of how to submit the best comment.

Also if you haven't already please fill in this survey on the new Flite Test FAA related site here, it should help the team represent us better.
https://ftca.flitetest.com/

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

View attachment 158700

View attachment 158701
View attachment 158702
View attachment 158703

I worked until I had no more decal templates ready and stoped to make launch and watch some off the kids shows until my wife came back from work with more decal templates. We ate lunch and watched a movie considering my mom took the kids and gave us the afternoon free.
View attachment 158704
View attachment 158705

After the movie was over I went back to decorating the X-29 and got to this point, now I have to make more decals.
View attachment 158708
Man, that makes me want an X-29 so bad! I am only half way done with my build-ruary entry, and so I have two more planes to go! I'm working on cutting the corsair out, and once I finish that, I'm going to try to get the Mr. Mulligan done.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member

View attachment 158700

View attachment 158701
View attachment 158702
View attachment 158703

View attachment 158704
View attachment 158705

View attachment 158708
Liking it... Looking forward to you flying it :)