The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

Vimana89

Legendary member
Rain rain go away, come back another day :(.
It pouring cats and dogs outside should I or should I not go flying? Well I’ll be honest I really want to go but I am too chicken to do it. So I’ll just post this for you all to get content from me considering I’ve been MIA recently, enjoy!

This is a video from some long time ago when we weren’t under COVID lockdown, quarantine and the weather was decent :).

Nice flying! Bummer there was a plane preventing you getting too much altitude, but hey, that's what's great about the DR1-it can fly low, slow, and in small spaces just fine(y)

mayan

Legendary member
It’s been a very long time since I’ve last post something on this thread and in general. It’s been a very long time since I was able to get near my RC gear (but for real, it was all packed behind boxes). It’s been a very long time since I’ve been out to the field flying something. It’s been a very long time since I last had a day off at the end of the week.

Today everything lined up and I was a able to replace the motor on the Bloody Baron, changed up all my batteries and went flying. I will be trying to film something today maybe a low inverted flight, but for the mean time enjoy this.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
It’s been a very long time since I’ve last post something on this thread and in general. It’s been a very long time since I was able to get near my RC gear (but for real, it was all packed behind boxes). It’s been a very long time since I’ve been out to the field flying something. It’s been a very long time since I last had a day off at the end of the week.

Today everything lined up and I was a able to replace the motor on the Bloody Baron, changed up all my batteries and went flying. I will be trying to film something today maybe a low inverted flight, but for the mean time enjoy this.

Great to hear from you again buddy! Good luck on the flying!

Jimun

Elite member
Yeah! I really find it to be a true park flyer. It can go real nice and slow and with throttle management you can really get it to fly amazing in tight places.
I was thinking about how you were doing this week. So glad to hear you are doing good. I have not posted for awhile either. I have not flown for about 3 months now and I am itching to get out there soon. I started rebuilding a camping trailer and I need to get it done first, then I will get back to my planes.

mayan

Legendary member
I was thinking about how you were doing this week. So glad to hear you are doing good. I have not posted for awhile either. I have not flown for about 3 months now and I am itching to get out there soon. I started rebuilding a camping trailer and I need to get it done first, then I will get back to my planes.
Just make sure to make a place for a plane or two in your camping trailer :).

mayan

Legendary member
Looking through unpublished videos I have I came across this.

A long time ago I had a day that I got to fly while having a discord video chat with a few of the guys from the forum. We talked about balsa planes while I was flying a FB plane.

Looking at this helped my deicide what I want for my b-day a month in delay. I want a balsa model :), any recommendations for a good first balsa model preferably something that can be ordered on AliExpress. Something that a new comer to balsa can build.

mayan

Legendary member
Ok well again it’s been a long time since my last post and again not much RC going on lately :(.

With all that being said I gathered the gang from my old job position together and tomorrow we are all going to the field for some RC fun.

Of course there will be videos been taken just hope they’ll be good. Mean while here is a old video for you all to enjoy something to watch.

mayan

Legendary member
Just thought I’d drop this here.
5E697927-458B-4BA8-AE6C-BD2F9D288FC1.jpeg

mayan

Legendary member
Alright well the videos that we shot weren’t all that good so I’ll probably end up just posting one of them.

The day was great! Did less flying, more buddy boxing :). We buddy boxed on the TT, my friend and I built together. I also took the Arrowhead that I thought would be a good trainer too. Two friends gave flying a go both seemed to have a great time one had more control of the plane too (the one that built the plane) :).

It was so hot outside and my mom who was watching the kids was blowing at my neck to come back so we didn’t stay for long. Long enough though for me to try a flat spin with the Edge (never manage it) :(, to totally wreck the power pod again :).

mayan

Legendary member
Ok well it’s elections day here so it’s a day off for the whole country. I am not working today and not going to the field either cause the weather is shit. Instead going to do some KiwiCo activity that arrived in the mail yesterday with the kids. Maybe get them off the screens for a bit, in an entraining manner.

Here is another old video I have laying around waiting for release, enjoy.

mayan

Legendary member
Back again, wishing alk the Israeli's out there a Happy Independence Day.
Charing batteries for tomorrow and as I type one just alerted me that it's charged and should be replaced by another one :).

So gonna go do that but before I do, just want to leave you all with another old video I had made :).