The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

mayan

Legendary member
Another quick update. I did some work on the Tedge. I added some right and down thrust angle to the motor, I revised the CG and I created a under cambridge for the battery; want to test this out again soon.

mayan

Legendary member
Exhausted and happy! Why? Exhausted, well I am after a 12 hour night shift and still haven’t gone to sleep; happy, because I went to the field with the entire family today!

No I didn’t let he kids fly today. They didn’t want to put in the servos in their plane over the last two days so they had to sit out this time. I flew though, fly and crashed so hard that all the three planes that I took, didn’t make it home in one piece :). So hard that the TT broke the tail section of the fuselage, the Mini Edge had the motor firewall fly right off and the Tedge well it had a life of its own before it broke in half.

So why am I happy? Because I got to enjoy my afternoon as tried as I am with the family at the field. I got to fly the planes I was enjoying flying before it’s supposed to rain next week. And believe it or not I decided to trash all 3 planes and get new ones built, at least the TT and Mini Edge. I don’t know if I’ll be rebuilding the Tedge right now because it’s giving me issues, can’t get it to fly at all. I also decided I’d clean out my closet and trash some parts that are not in good shape and have just been laying around.

Any how more later with pictures and videos from today.

mayan

Legendary member
And here is a short around with the mini Edge until I lost orientation and crashed hard. The control surfaces passed a crap check but the firewall ripped off when I throttled up.

As for Tedge well I am clueless, I just cant get it too fly like it should :(. This is after I added more down and right thrust and worked on CG.

mayan

Legendary member
Update before I finally go to sleep after god knows how many hours of being awake. I cleaned out my closet, threw away all the plane parts that I kept for no good reason. I stripped out the electronics from the planes that where broken and organized everything in zip lock plastic bags with labels. Tomorrow is a new day and I hope to make the parts for both the new TT and Mini Edge. I also want to paint these models and make them look stunning.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I think for the Mini Edge first add some color so you can see top from bottom, solid white is very easy to lose orientation. Second I would dial your rates down for roll and maybe up the expo a bit for it also otherwise it looked great.

The Tedge I think is tail heavy but all the videos are totally different looking. Hovering upside down in a spiral pattern I almost thought you had full rudder input into it. ;) Not sure at all.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I completely got into stripping the planes of their electronics and cleaning out the closet that I forgot to take pictures of the damage :rolleyes:.

Any how here are a few videos of me flying the TT.

That was some beautiful flying, mayan. You had complete control the whole time and kept it close and in front of you. I don't think your feet ever moved until it was time to retrieve the plane. That little "float" you did over the bushes was inspired. I would have gunned the throttle and probably lost it. You just calmly floated up and away. Glorious, man. Absolutely glorious.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
And here is a short around with the mini Edge until I lost orientation and crashed hard. The control surfaces passed a crap check but the firewall ripped off when I throttled up.

As for Tedge well I am clueless, I just cant get it too fly like it should :(. This is after I added more down and right thrust and worked on CG.

I don't think you can just 'float' the Edge around. I think those little wing surfaces need some fast moving air to be effective. I think you've got to step up and out your box again, to make that one work. It needs power to fly. POWER. Give it to her. :p

Your Tedge? Reminds me of old video when the best way to test a design was just to build and fly it. Keep at it man. I see potential there. I hope you are not reading this right now. I hope you are sleeping. Get some rest. We'll be here tomorrow. ;)

mayan

Legendary member
That little "float" you did over the bushes was inspired. I would have gunned the throttle and probably lost it. You just calmly floated up and away
Learned that from @Arcfyre and his XXL Soarer video.

I’d agree with @Wildthing , it’s tail heavy, move the cg forward a half-inch or so and show us video of what happens. If it’s not cg I don’t know what it is, unless it’s incidence as @Hai-Lee says.
Need to rebuild the entire thing but once I do I’ll do just that so that you can see.

mayan

Legendary member
Ok so I have the night shift today and @buzzbomb didn't provide anything about flying the Simple Scout :(, so I did this.
IMG-0899.JPG

I also cut out all the pieces of the TT, still need to score cut them though. Tomorrow morning the entire family is going here. So I don't know how much rest I'll get before that, and of course not how energy I'll have when we get back. So tomorrow I probably won't be able to cut out the pieces of the Mini Edge, maybe the day after.

I have also already decided on the paint scheme that I am going to use, see bellow.

Tiny Trainer Paint Scheme
IMG-0901.JPG

IMG-0902.JPG

Mini Edge Paint Scheme
IMG-0904.JPG

IMG-0905.JPG

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I love your color schemes. I'm just slapping some tape onto my birds. They are beautiful just like they are. :cool: Your taking the family to an airshow! How cool is that! I loved taking my son to the big airshows, when we lived in Virginia Beach. He was too young to remember it, but we had a blast! There used to be an airshow within an hour of here, once a year, then once every two years, then it went away. You'll be making some memories, there. Ya'll have fun!