The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
@mayan - like your edge graphics, you are on fire at the moment!
Darn it, you beat me to it! "She's on FiiiiAh!"

@mayan it looks like you had a wonderful day with your family. I'm glad it was warm enough for your children to play in the water a bit. No doubt that lake was cold! Then you got to fly and crash, then a nice dinner and a movie. All around that's a pretty good day!

mayan

Legendary member
Quick update. I finally got a chance to start my DR-1 build for the “The Triplane Tribuild!” check out my progress here. Also feel free to join us and build your own DR-1, we’d love to have more ppl join our joint build process :).

Tomorrow should be a nice calm day so I’ll try taking the kids to the field in the morning to maiden their TT for the first time as well as get their first training session :). I also want to try maidening my new planes for the first time tomorrow, although I must be honest I am a little scared of crashing them after all the time I put into them. BUT, I didn’t build the planes for them to sit on the shelf so we’ll see in the morning..

Good night for now :).!

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
Quick update. I finally got a chance to start my DR-1 build for the “The Triplane Tribuild!” check out my progress here. Also feel free to join us and build your own DR-1, we’d love to have more ppl join our joint build process :).

Tomorrow should be a nice calm day so I’ll try taking the kids to the field in the morning to maiden their TT for the first time as well as get their first training session :). I also want to try maidening my new planes for the first time tomorrow, although I must be honest I am a little scared of crashing them after all the time I put into them. BUT, I didn’t build the planes for them to sit on the shelf so we’ll see in the morning..

Good night for now :).!

Good luck on your maidens

Wildthing

Legendary member
So I didn’t maiden my new planes just yet. Today I had a chance to go to the field and do just that as well as train my children to fly too but preferred to leave the maiden of my new planes for a different day and focus all my attention into training the kids and that’s what I did. More about that on my “Teaching My Children To Fly - The Diary” thread tomorrow...

I think training the kids will need your full attention for the day. Bring a picnic basket so you can take a break. ;)

mayan

Legendary member
Yesterday I got a present from a friend that I have not seen in a long time. I got a fold drone, tiny little flyer but it is the first drone I actually enjoyed flying. A drone that I manage to fly in my house and have a good time without being worried for breaking something. I see it as a time passer when I am just to knocked out to do anything else :).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L6DW3GJ/?tag=lstir-20

I don't have one with a camera, but who cares?! I am having fun flying it, crashing and doing some flips with it and that's all I care about :).

mayan

Legendary member
I had an hour of free time in between stuff today so I decided to go to the field to maiden one of my new planes. I decided I’d take the TT only b/c of the time limit that I had, and went to the field.

1C7BC5FD-E599-48A9-84E3-748DC7D367CD.jpeg

I didn’t fly much barely 1/3 of a used battery 65% left out of the 90% that I started with :(. It all ended due to a *%$# LOS issue the plane Tx lost the signal to Rx and the plane came spinning down in a sort of flat spin b/c I was in the middle of a left turn coming back towards me :(. This is the outcome of the very loud boom noise that was heard when the plane hit the not so soft ground any more.

C8294AF6-FAA2-4BBA-99A2-1F9A4E53E656.jpeg

4BBF6F79-3A30-4759-84CC-BCCD16B772EA.jpeg

564A1648-3350-4800-8B68-820A0499ACBA.jpeg

59142F0D-C944-4296-ABE8-C71E77AFF4F8.jpeg

Luckily no electronics expect for one servo got damage and the damage was already repaired :). The next time I plan on going to the field is Wednesday, when I should also have more time so I might take the Mini Edge too.

mayan

Legendary member
Mayan, my friend. You really need to find a way to get a new radio system. I hate seeing all of your beautiful builds come crashing to earth because of garbage electronics. :confused:
I think so too :(. I need to find a way to convince the wife that I need to get a new Tx.

mayan

Legendary member
Any way you could sell the ones you have now locally and use that money to buy a new one? The flysky is only about $60 US isn't it?
Yeah it is. Don’t really know how to do that here doesn’t seem like there is much of a market for it here.

Wildthing

Legendary member
My first and only TX is a FlySky TH9X , does everything I want and the 6 channel RX's are cheap. I think it was under $100.00 CA . I also bougt a Turnigy transmitter lipo battery for it so I didn't have to us AA batteries .

kilroy07

Legendary member
Yea, what kind of radio do you have?...
How did you have the antenna orientation?

At least are are getting some stick time...
The weather was garbage all weekend and I’m boarding my flight now.... 😩

mayan

Legendary member
Yea, what kind of radio do you have?...
How did you have the antenna orientation?

At least are are getting some stick time...
The weather was garbage all weekend and I’m boarding my flight now.... 😩
I use a radio link T8FB and the anetha was laying down working on something different right now.