The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

mayan

Legendary member
Alright so all the decision making will wait for tomorrow, my brain is dead and I have a long day tomorrow at the pool (kids have been waiting on it all week) so I need to get some sleep :). Too bad otherwise I’d build myself a new plane to practice take offs and landings with. Ohhh we’ll never mind mean while I put some CA on the delaminated horizontal stabilizer of my Mini Edge V3 and set it to dry during the night. If all goes well I just might be able to bring her back to life soon ;). Reminding you all this version weighs about 340g and will be using a B pack motor unlike V3 which weighed about 550g and was using a C pack motor (RIP).

2B6F11A6-F2DE-4B22-8456-BC0AB4E13E81.jpeg

kilroy07

Legendary member
Is that the cyclops onboard?
Naw, that was early this year... with an SQ12 camera. it's my standard Onboard camera... The cyclops will probably go on Big Red (My Legacy.)

I just watched the video amazing flying and great landing seems like there still a lot more that I need to learn
You and me both brother! Check out the video right before that (the storch remaiden) and you'll see 4 channel is a real challenge for me...
(I'm working on it though.) ;)

mayan

Legendary member
Alright so all the decision making will wait for tomorrow, my brain is dead and I have a long day tomorrow at the pool (kids have been waiting on it all week) so I need to get some sleep :). Too bad otherwise I’d build myself a new plane to practice take offs and landings with. Ohhh we’ll never mind mean while I put some CA on the delaminated horizontal stabilizer of my Mini Edge V3 and set it to dry during the night. If all goes well I just might be able to bring her back to life soon ;). Reminding you all this version weighs about 340g and will be using a B pack motor unlike V3 which weighed about 550g and was using a C pack motor (RIP).

View attachment 132037
Yeah baby she will fly again! Finished adding the missing electronics last night :).

Vimana89

Legendary member
Once my mini scout here is finished soon, I'll figure out where I stand for landing a more conventional plane, which seems to be giving you guys a bit of trouble. My champ is too small and light to really be bothered by an imperfect landing unless it's really really bad. The V-Sliver is a different story entirely, It's almost cheating. For one it's not very picky about landing, it has enough ground effect to cushion most sketchy landing jobs unless it's a really hard crash, and it does slow high alpha so well there's really no reason to be coming in fast on approach. I can almost scrape the ground with my elevator then just flop my nose down at the last second for a perfect zero point landing. A slender delta plane watches other planes trying to land and goes "bro do u even 🌪💪vortex lift💪🌪?"

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Quick question. The Simple Storch uses 24” servo extensions for the wings and I only have 12” extensions. Can I hook up two extensions together to get to 24” or will that get me into trouble?

Vimana89

Legendary member
Quick question. The Simple Storch uses 24” servo extensions for the wings and I only have 12” extensions. Can I hook up two extensions together to get to 24” or will that get me into trouble?
I have done this before with no problems(y) Both of my delta builds have double extensions from the nose to the rear where my servos are at.

Wildthing

Legendary member

It won't be a problem. Any connections that are buried in a wing or somewhere that aren't accessible I will cut a little piece of duct tape and wrap it around the connectors as a small precaution.

mayan

Legendary member
Went to the field yesterday with my TT and Mini Edge V3 both got a beating and have already been repaired.

30C78506-68FA-4D0B-85BD-25F21047C08C.jpeg

You can check out the flying of the Mini Edge V3 on this thread: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/mini-edge-540-build.57470/page-4

And here is some crazy stuff with the TT.

Hope you all enjoy it :). Mean while I am also doing progress with my Simple Storch build finishing the wings a few moments ago, next is the fuselage! Although I might make a pause with that and go repair the original sized FT Edge 540 and the children’s TT.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Went to the field yesterday with my TT and Mini Edge V3 both got a beating and have already been repaired.

View attachment 132421

You can check out the flying of the Mini Edge V3 on this thread: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/mini-edge-540-build.57470/page-4

And here is some crazy stuff with the TT.

Hope you all enjoy it :). Mean while I am also doing progress with my Simple Storch build finishing the wings a few moments ago, next is the fuselage! Although I might make a pause with that and go repair the original sized FT Edge 540 and the children’s TT.
You've gotten so good with the TT it's hard to describe without running out of adjectives. Touch and Go's with a belly lander? Seriously? Yep. You've got that. Just wonderful, @mayan, just wonderful! :)

mayan

Legendary member
Hey there some great stuff happened today! First I got up and finished repairing my TT and Edge 540 and went flying them both. No real damage was done to any. I do need to change the power pod of the Edge 540 though because the firewall broke loose. I don't consider that real damage, because I have done endless such repairs on the Mini Edge :).

Here are some highlight videos.

Later during the day after a few chores that had to be done, like doing homework with my son I went to the hobby store. Yeah the one I don't like I went to get myself 2 8x6 props to try them on the Mini Edge V3. It's rare that the store has customers but today it did and it had a special customer too :). Another Flite Tester!!! He was asking the lady about the electronics he would need to to get the plane in the air, the exact same question I asked and the exact same answers I got from them. Having found out all this I pitched in to help and after puliing out my special list (https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...l-the-ft-models-with-electronics-required.64/) and verifying what plane he wanted to build, I told the lady what parts to get him. I gave him my number and told him he can call when ever and maybe we can go flying together.

An hour or two later i get a message from him. First thanking me and then asking some more questions, and you know me I love to provide answers if I can. We chatted over whatsapp for an hour or so. I told him he could come over one day and I'd help him hook up the electronics, and also that we should go flying after that. So if all goes well on Saturday afternoon I'll help him with the electronics and Sunday morning we will go flying together.

I told him to get on the forums so hope to see him here soon.