The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

mayan

Legendary member

mayan

Legendary member
Late night / early morning update. I finished building @Headbang ’s AF Easy Edge.

CBD3B0FC-8BBF-4C48-BC56-83AF0DD5AC50.jpeg

It’s a great short and simply build for those looking for something quick with ability :). It’s it durable like the KFM Wing then we’ll be good buddies for the next few months. Tomorrow if all goes like planned I’ll go maiden the Easy Edge and fly the DGA-6 again, this time with landing gear :). Good night for now.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Thanks lol! Honestly anybody can do 3D. Just 1000's of hours of sim time...
What? Only thousands of hours? Shoot, I'll get right on that, tomorrow! :LOL:

Oooorrr maybe I'll just build the HB EAF 3D and try to practice some. I honestly doubt I'll ever be as good at 3D as you and some others on this forum, but now that we've got a learning platform? Maybe we can learn a little bit, anyway. Hover. Harrier. Knife Edge. Those are my immediate goals.

How about you @mayan?

mayan

Legendary member
What? Only thousands of hours? Shoot, I'll get right on that, tomorrow! :LOL:

Oooorrr maybe I'll just build the HB EAF 3D and try to practice some. I honestly doubt I'll ever be as good at 3D as you and some others on this forum, but now that we've got a learning platform? Maybe we can learn a little bit, anyway. Hover. Harrier. Knife Edge. Those are my immediate goals.

How about you @mayan?
Knife edge I can do with the Edge 540 so that should be easy with this. I want to be able to start off by hovering it I think that is the base for most 3D maneuvers. From the feeling that I got to fly 3D you need to be ware off all your control surfaces and what little movement on each will do to the plane. Another thing I seem to have a feeling off is that when flying 3D rudder is very important, so practice the use of rudder again would be my main goal. The rudder on this type of bird has so much authority that it's a crime not to take advantage of that :).

mayan

Legendary member
Gooood morning y’all! I wanted to go to the field this morning with the kids but they are both busy playing with other stuff and don’t want to go. Part of the reason I wanted to go out with them to the field was to give my wife some quite to sleep when she comes home from work soon :(. From here to there I ended up getting fancied by my wife to go alone, she must have slept good during the shift to let me go :). Do we ask questions?! Hell no let’s go pack up and get ready to go :). On the schedule for today; maiden of the HB AF Easy Edge and second flight of the DGA-6.

Regardless I’d love to fly my KFM Wing again but am missing 8x6 props that @Eddo radush has already bought for me just can’t seem to get him to find time to meet up :(. I miss ya, you *%^*#*, FIND TIME TO MEET UP! There is so much I want to share with you :).

mayan

Legendary member
I have some thoughts, debates and feelings that I want to share with you all but I am way to tried right now to actually express myself properly or even think straight enough to write properly so that will have to wait for later. Mean while I have posted a new video on this thread of me flying the HB A/F Easy Edge, and bellow is a video of me out at the field with my dad and kids, flying their drones and my DGA-6.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I have some thoughts, debates and feelings that I want to share with you all but I am way to tried right now to actually express myself properly or even think straight enough to write properly so that will have to wait for later. Mean while I have posted a new video on this thread of me flying the HB A/F Easy Edge, and bellow is a video of me out at the field with my dad and kids, flying their drones and my DGA-6.

Your son is getting really good with the quad! He's progressed so much from when ya'll first started with them. Plus you flew the heck out of your DGA-6 and nailed the landing! Great video.

Three generations, and it looks like ya'll had a blast. :)

mayan

Legendary member
Your son is getting really good with the quad! He's progressed so much from when ya'll first started with them. Plus you flew the heck out of your DGA-6 and nailed the landing! Great video.

Three generations, and it looks like ya'll had a blast. :)
Yeah although my dad is just a spectator and cameraman. I need to teach him a few camera tricks he keeps losing focus and the plane in the frame. Ahhh maybe I should start the filming trick thread sooner than later.

bracesport

Legendary member
Oh, yes and what about the scrambled cube in the background on the desk - I recently got my cube out after a long time (I learned it when I was 16) and relearned the thing (some 39 years later) with the same cube! :D

Yes, I am a nerd sometimes!

mayan

Legendary member
I have some thoughts, debates and feelings that I want to share with you all but I am way to tried right now to actually express myself properly or even think straight enough to write properly so that will have to wait for later.
I still feel a little blahhh like @basslord1124 calls it, and still feel the need to just let it all out somehow. I'd write about it but feel that trying so very hard to express myself properly in writing, is taking a lot of time and energy out of me that sometimes even leads to frustration until I get a clear undistracted thought (after all english is not my mother language). I might do a video about this sometime and that's all.

Meanwhile, cleaning up my work room ment also doing a plane check refresh. Sometimes I just have electronics laying around and then when I do this refresh from time to time I strip the electronics and trash plane pieces that can't be used. After cleaning up I realized that I am not using up all the motors that I have because I crashed the planes that used them and never rebuilt them. I have set a goal for the winter make sure each unused motor get a plane to go with it. Currently looking for 2 planes that use a B pack motor on them and fly well with it (have enough juice). I was thinking of fixing up new wings for my Simple Soarer so that would leave me with one plane to choose, I narrowed down my options based on what FT recommends, and now I come to you. What do you recommend out of these options, which plane do you think will best fit my skill set, and which will teach me the most? I was eyeing the Bronco but that would mean that I couldn't rebuild the Simple Soarer which is a plane that I let my son fly and try to train him on. Looking forward for your thoughts...

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.52.38 AM.png