The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

bracesport

Legendary member
@mayan - I can't keep up at the moment - your flying is marvellous and a joy to watch - Yes, please look after your fingers - I am looking forward to some onboard camera footage - I like the view straight down the fuse from the rear! Did you try on the wing, but under the wing?

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan - I can't keep up at the moment - your flying is marvellous and a joy to watch - Yes, please look after your fingers - I am looking forward to some onboard camera footage - I like the view straight down the fuse from the rear! Did you try on the wing, but under the wing?
Thanks. I placed the camera on wing tip top, the horizontal stablizer and the canopy. I think the best shots where on the wing tip top and canopy.

mayan

Legendary member
Next I pulled out and did an amazing flight with the Spitfire and the on board camera, pluse 2 other that were pointed at me, one from a tripod and one was held by my friend. I did nice slow low passes, rolls, and inverted flights. I chose 3 different camera positions out of the 6 I marked but ended up liking two more than the others.
Over the last few weeks I have been flying the FT Spitfire a lot and have been enjoying it very much. Recently I also received an on board camera that I ordered a while back and took it out for a test on the Spitfire, and boy was I happy with the results. Many thanks to @bracesport for recommending the Cyclops V3 as a cheap good on board camera, and it is! I did 3 videos with the on board camera each flying with it placed in a different location on the airframe, hoping to get good footage. Out of all the places I choose to use at home, 6 in total I ended up using 3.
1) on the top side of the right wing tip (spot 04)
2) on the horizontal stabilizer (spot 05)
3) on the canopy (spot 06)

Any how here are the videos.
Folks, I want your attention please!
I want to say that the experience with the Spitfire was the best thing I could ask for. It's a super stable plane easy to handle even at low speeds, and an absolute a blast to fly. I want to thank @kilroy07 for this amazing opportunity, that allowed me to build this amazing bird and all the other forum members that took part in this thread and made it what it is today. THANK YOU!

I recently went up and over my flying skills working hard to make a video that will sum up my experience with this amazing bird. So without further ado here it is, enjoy!

Hope you enjoy the videos :). Let me know which you like the most :).

Jimun

Elite member
Over the last few weeks I have been flying the FT Spitfire a lot and have been enjoying it very much. Recently I also received an on board camera that I ordered a while back and took it out for a test on the Spitfire, and boy was I happy with the results. Many thanks to @bracesport for recommending the Cyclops V3 as a cheap good on board camera, and it is! I did 3 videos with the on board camera each flying with it placed in a different location on the airframe, hoping to get good footage. Out of all the places I choose to use at home, 6 in total I ended up using 3.

Pretty cool video. It is nice to see a different perspective of your flights. You are flying inverted almost as good as not.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

I enjoyed the videos as much as I could watch. My opinion won't be much help, I'm afraid. It's cool to see the pilot on the ground. It's cool to see the surrounding area. It's cool to watch the control surfaces move.

Then I get nauseous! Yep. I can only watch FPV for a few moments before I have to stop the vid. I didn't want to not comment. I just can't help you out with this one. :(

mayan

Legendary member
Pretty cool video. It is nice to see a different perspective of your flights. You are flying inverted almost as good as not.
Thanks, It's not me it's the Spitfire. It's a super stable plane when inverted kinda feels like that is how it should fly :).

I enjoyed the videos as much as I could watch. My opinion won't be much help, I'm afraid. It's cool to see the pilot on the ground. It's cool to see the surrounding area. It's cool to watch the control surfaces move.

Then I get nauseous! Yep. I can only watch FPV for a few moments before I have to stop the vid. I didn't want to not comment. I just can't help you out with this one. :(
I agree with you. Kinda making me a afraid to try fly FPV. That's why I think the video on spot 04 was the video I liked more.

mayan

Legendary member
Last night a friend at work helped me out and together we rebuilt the wing set of the Simple Soarer, the plane that I originally bought the cyclops camera for. Next that I am out at the field this plane is coming with me and I am sure it will also provide great aerial footage of my flying field.

IMG-4783.JPG

IMG-4784.JPG

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Last night a friend at work helped me out and together we rebuilt the wing set of the Simple Soarer, the plane that I originally bought the cyclops camera for. Next that I am out at the field this plane is coming with me and I am sure it will also provide great aerial footage of my flying field.

View attachment 149248
View attachment 149249
Your friend is much prettier than you are! Oh. The plane looks good, too. :p

mayan

Legendary member

@kilroy07 here is a video from the canopy like you mentioned on a comment in the video you’ve seen.

mayan

Legendary member
Since the days in which I will get to go to field are becoming longer apart due to winter arriving I think it would be a good idea to max out on tomorrow’s outing to the field. I think I’ll make good use of the calm winds tomorrow and take as many planes with me as will fit in my car. So what’s going? The fixed Simple Soarer, the Arrowhead, the new 3mm KFM Wing that I just finished (first maiden), the Goblin (first maiden) and the Spitfire just in case all goes wrong. The only bummer about the situation is that I need to swap out the Rx to fly some of the different models. I do plan on trying to film tomorrow’s outing and hope for some good footage. Good night.