The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

mayan

Legendary member
This project is very special to me. It's a scaled up version of the famous Tiny Trainer, the same plane I learned to fly on. This version is 238% bigger than the original and has a wing span about 1.80 meters re-enforced with carbon fiber rods. The plane was built during the 2nd covid19 lock down that we had here in Israel. I planned to fly this right after the lock down was over. Unfortunately it doesn't fit in my car unless the back and front seat beside the driver are down. Considering I wanted my wife to come film the entire thing (she is the best camera man I know) so this all had to wait to the 1st of September, hoping we will not be in lockdown again.

That day was today! Without anything to hold me back (even took a day off for this), I went to the field and had an amazing time even surprising myself. Hope you enjoy this video just as much as I enjoyed the day and making it :).

Like Jbix says dream big :)!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
This project is very special to me. It's a scaled up version of the famous Tiny Trainer, the same plane I learned to fly on. This version is 238% bigger than the original and has a wing span about 1.80 meters re-enforced with carbon fiber rods. The plane was built during the 2nd covid19 lock down that we had here in Israel. I planned to fly this right after the lock down was over. Unfortunately it doesn't fit in my car unless the back and front seat beside the driver are down. Considering I wanted my wife to come film the entire thing (she is the best camera man I know) so this all had to wait to the 1st of September, hoping we will not be in lockdown again.

That day was today! Without anything to hold me back (even took a day off for this), I went to the field and had an amazing time even surprising myself. Hope you enjoy this video just as much as I enjoyed the day and making it :).

Way to go man, it’s so exciting to see a big project like that finally take flight! Congratulations!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member

what motor setup are you running on this monster?

mayan

Legendary member
A little update for anyone still following me here.
Besides the big project that I am working on Spitfire on Stroids (a thread updated periodically with build progress). At this point in the hobby I can certainly say that I have more suitable tools to build with, a bigger skill set, more flying expreince, and an never ending will to keep learning and expriencing new models, building techniques, and flying expreinces.
That's the main reason for why I have been going on to bigger models, but I still need to find something else to build, something a little more suitable for my car and transportation. So I have been looking at the FT models parts list I have update recently to see what models use the electronics that I have available and what models I still have never built and flown.
I have 2 F pack motors and 1 A pack here are my debates considering I don't mind throwing F packs on A pack models.
  1. Mighty Mini Corsair
  2. Mighty Mini F-22 Raptor
  3. Mighty Mini SE5 Biplane
  4. Mighty Mini Cruiser
  5. Super Bee
What's your recommendation!?

Regardless of my next build here is a video I have been holding back for a very long time... My very first FPV exprience...

mayan

Legendary member
I haven't beening posting in deacdes and I honestly miss you all. Let me try to bring you up to speed on both personal and aviation matters.
On personal matters, I have been working a lot lately. Managing many projects and each day getting yet another one to manage. This is obivously taking a lot of my time and when I am not working I try to spend as much time with the kids as possible. Health is good (thank god). A little short on budget at the moment so holding back on hobby related stuff as much as possible. We had our Independence day a few days ago, and have a one week long family trip planned for the end of the month. This is part of why I we are saving up budget. Well that was that on personal matters now lets talk fun stuff :).
7C987AC5-FA23-4038-BCC8-5DC0BF1AB3FE.jpeg
B2F3385D-4BA3-400A-8595-1D9BA577A5E8.jpeg

On aviation hobby stuff I have...
1) built and flown the FT Tutor and I really enjoyed it. I flew it a bunch trying to do some 3D tricks with it. Crashed and repaired it planenty, which helped me understand why you'd paint it after a test flight :). The paint job sure does cover up all the fixes from the crashes :). Got to a point where I let my friends with zero flying expreince fly it on the sports wing setup (was halirous). Even after they crashed it super hard I managed to repair it and get it to fly again, that was untill I K.O.ed it :). The body was burried in the field and electronics savaged :). (videos soon to come)
C60214DC-1B8B-4EDF-B613-81DBE0B36C77.jpeg

2) I totally failed @FoamyDM 's FTFC22 challenge check out the post about it here.

3) I did though put one of the FTFC22 models that I built on a test flight, and tested the piggy back mechanism I built from flite test which worked absolutely amazing. Check out the post about it here.
B8F229BA-02B5-457A-9BFB-98DA8BCB193B.jpeg
F057AF25-C993-4F3A-9A76-A1C003B3326C.jpeg

4) I've built the FT Edge 540 again and totaled that too :(. I really love the model but can't seem to get it right just yet :(. (video soon to come)
E68DC756-C568-424E-A42F-F301ADA84945.jpeg
78D9A053-1854-4EE0-9344-EDC1B7494CC8.jpeg
7BBC3490-344B-4D57-A745-BF925BAE5B62.jpeg
A79DD660-A854-4933-8268-A2B1D9B3DB5B.jpeg
8F9F9801-06FF-408F-B6AA-7F596DE70FE6.jpeg
4B46103E-2EE3-4448-B6E8-75703E18B57D.jpeg

5) I've built bloody baron again, and just love it. Simple and fast to build, can take a wide range of batteries sizes, is durable and flys amazing! Simply an amazing design. I am actually considering to build a few of these to try and get some guys with flying expreince to come fly with me.
054C9932-A4BF-4AC6-AC55-678264A8ED3D.jpeg

4A924912-A2AB-4954-A5D2-DD8519B6FE97.jpeg

6) Got my head around the Huge Spitfire I built, you can read more about that here.

That was that for now! Now I am debating what model to build? Considering I only have big batteries 2200 3S/4S. Any suggestions?
See you all in a another million years (hopefully not).