The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

mayan

Legendary member
Hey all I filmed a quick vlog today to kinda keep you all updated about a few things that have been going on. I really do hope you all watch it all the way through cause I do have some interesting stuff I’d like to share with you all.

I’d also really love to hear you all in the comments here or on the channel your feedbacks mean a lot to me :).

mayan

Legendary member
Yep yep yep I finally built it and got it working, the ft piggy back mechanism! Check out how awesome it is and how my friend crashes the mini might tiny trainer glider we used twice :).

mayan

Legendary member
Something fast is happening on my channel :). Make sure to subscribe to stay up to date :)...

IMG-9421.jpg

https://youtube.com/shorts/AAXFifk9rZI?feature=share

mayan

Legendary member
Almost an year ago I went with my daughter to the field with Hawk Hurricane; this is theme of the video. Make sure to turn on the subtitles feature to truely enjoy the video.

mayan

Legendary member

This is my very first time flying an RC EDF jet. It's one that I got from the man behind the RC gifts (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/swsiO1iqVGk) :). This video was actually filmed by him and the end was expected. The excitement was high and stress level even higher but I still went for it. I gave it my best effort and think I did a pretty good job while it lasted. After all it's a model I have never flown before and the first time I have flown an RC EDF jet and managed to get it air born too :).

Even after this crash, this model was repaired and kept on flying, so stay tuned for more videos with better flying skills and video quality of me flying this model and other jets.

mayan

Legendary member
Again it’s been a very long time since I last posted something here :(. It’s mainly due to the fact that I am just busy flying when I am not at work or with the kids. I barely find time to revise and repair damaged planes that I have received, let alone build something new. Editing videos is also taking almost for ever, so I don't even get to post new videos on planned fashion like I would like too.

I am trying though to get more things done and shared with you all, so please bare with me :). I recently got a new video edited and post on YouTube. It's a video that was filmed on the 20th of August 2022 (just so you understand how long things are taking). It's a 15 min video summing up a 4 hour day of flying with a friend of mine. We started out with his balsa model and then moved on to my foamies, flying the Bloody Baron, Simple Scout, and a nameless/brandless EPO jet. The day was amazing and time went by so fast without us noticing, hope you enjoy the video and get a feeling for the day :).

mayan

Legendary member
I think that I've reached a point in the hobby that I feel confient in my abilities as a pilot and want to take my knowledge and share it with others. That is why during 2023 I've spent a great deal of my spare time organizing events related to the hobby. It started out with a course that I gave kids for free, in which we built together chuck gliders out of cardboard in one of the recyling center in my city. Based on the success I had with the first one and the demand for more that came from the public this course became something that I give every few months. Unfortuntaly I don't have any pictures or videos from these courses to share with you all :(.

Apart from these courses during 2023 I've organized an RC hobbyists event where I brought together people from all over the country that love the hobby. In the event we had some snacks and drinks that were brought by those who came, some huge build tables for those who wanted to build or fix something and a simlulator hooked up to a projector for those who wanted to fly something. People were talking, laughing, helping each other and generally getting to know one another, meeting people that they wouldn't have met if they would have not come.

This event too was a huge success and showed that people were thrusty for something like this, so without thinking twice I organized two more the last one being at the end of December to close 2023.

Now it's time to think of 2024 and what we want to achive... Any ideas whats running through my head!?

Last edited: