The simulator screen shots thread

RCD

Back on topic:

I constantly amaze myself.

fms.jpg
That field on the sim is really nice!

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Really? Since when does FMS have such a nice field?!

I just remember those pixel like areas with the brown house right next to the take off and landing stripe!

But nice flying! You should be definetely able to handle a Bixler!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Really? Since when does FMS have such a nice field?!
I just remember those pixel like areas with the brown house right next to the take off and landing stripe!

Since version Alpha 8.5 you can download HQ landscapes.

But nice flying! You should be definetely able to handle a Bixler!

I can fly a lot of FMS planes without crashing... Including the Bandit jet, the hawksky, the X-35B etc...

UndCon

UndCon
I think I will have a go at FMS again - havent used it in a very long time - and I only have a crappy Esky radio with USB dongle....

RCD

Here are a couple more.:D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1303247936.jpg
    ScreenShot1303247936.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 40
  • ScreenShot1303252873.jpg
    ScreenShot1303252873.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 41
  • ScreenShot1304107667.jpg
    ScreenShot1304107667.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 45
  • ScreenShot1310747284.jpg
    ScreenShot1310747284.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 40

glydr

How many letters do we ge
I chose Phoenix. It won't work with 'any' tx but will work with many tx! In fact I use a cheapy that I picked up 2nd hand for about $20. (parkzone 5ap).

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Which is the best simulator that will work with any Transmitter

I chose Phoenix. It won't work with 'any' tx but will work with many tx! In fact I use a cheapy that I picked up 2nd hand for about $20. (parkzone 5ap).

Yeah, the Phoenix software is actually a free download and you can buy an interconnect cable as they call it for your TX for about $10 or less and you're all set. I'm using one of these and it works perfect.

USB Simulator Cable Phoenix RC

XTR01(2).jpg

Illiop

Big Daddies
Yeah, the Phoenix software is actually a free download and you can buy an interconnect cable as they call it for your TX for about $10 or less and you're all set. I'm using one of these and it works perfect.

I haven't seen anything but the demo available for download. I ordered the interconnect cable from hobbyking and got the "software" disk with it, but the version of phoenix on the disk keeps flagging my virus scan saying there is a trojan on there.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
The Phoenix software itself doens't have any copy protection...that's all done through that cable. Try turning off your virus scanner to do the install...that's recommended by most software installers anyhow. Once it's installed you can download the updates free of charge.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Here I come again, sounding like the fun police!

Firstly, no hard feelings aimed at anyone. I just want to put in .02 for the developers of Phoenix. I have no affiliation with Phoenix or any distributors; I just see that it can go pear-shaped for everyone if 'piracy' continues so please hear me out.

A great plus of Phoenix is that software trials and updates are freely available over the net. Compare with other programs where you have to buy the next edition. This was a major factor in my deciding to purchase Phoenix as I reckon its brilliant that in 10 years time I'll still have the latest software with the latest models and not pay an extra cent.

But along come the cloners and make dongle emulators so as to 'hack' into the software. I don't know about you but if I was developing the software I'd start placing copyright protection on the software as well as via the dongle. That's the first step to taking away free updates and free new models/ flying fields.

Or worse still, Phoenix stop getting sales because people download their software (hosted on the web at cost to Phoenix), buy some hack emulator and use the program. If Phoenix go out of business on account of piracy that means no more updates and everyone loses.

Worse still (correct me if I'm wrong) these guys are bound to be fellow RC flyers. It would be a shame to see RC flyers put fellow RC flyers out of sales/ jobs/ etc. Especially when the $130-$150 asking price is very reasonable for what you get.

Rant over, again no hard feelings or pointing fingers.

G

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
That's not a D.VIII lol

ScreenShot1322536798.jpg

I managed to get the wing on the ground in the shot!

ScreenShot1322536919.jpg

yeah, Tiger Moth's fly faster as a monoplane lol

ScreenShot1322537166.jpg

Last edited:

sandblaster

Aerofly 5.7

Scenes captured for fun. Some required about as much work as flying the real thing.

Attachments

• af1.jpg
    af1.jpg
    931.4 KB · Views: 28
  • carrier 1.jpg
    carrier 1.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 25
  • landing 1.jpg
    landing 1.jpg
    992.1 KB · Views: 26
  • mustang2.jpg
    mustang2.jpg
    879.2 KB · Views: 26
  • town.jpg
    town.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
The warbirds look absolutely awesome!
And that airbase carrier!
I think I need to get either that or FMS.

@glydr: I can see your point but for many people, 150$ is quite a lot. Even though the price is reasonably good, they just can´t afford it and want to rather spend them on a real plane then on a simulator that you could get "for free" if you want to see it like that. (not saying that I downloaded)
But anyway. what can you do about? nothing! So why argue about it and lose your energy for that. That is pretty pointless.
Its a shame to see phoenix programmer lose their jobs but sometimes it is just the way it is.