The Spit of All Spits

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Got some work done on the wing today
20200217_155855.jpg

Cut out the flaps and made the up the support for possible future landing gear out of 1/8" ply...
20200217_155837.jpg

Here you can see how I covered it up with FB, so the flaps rest solid when closed. Plus it is extended into just in front of the aileron cut out to fill that gap once the top skin goes on...
20200217_160116.jpg

Here is what it looks like with the flap open from the bottom of the wing, the cavity is covered nice and smooth. I did the same thing on the Bushwhacker as well back in the day. You can also see where I located the servo mounting hole, this will be perfect position for the cooling intakes to cover up the servo

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Got some work done on the wing today View attachment 158370
Cut out the flaps and made the up the support for possible future landing gear out of 1/8" ply...
View attachment 158369
Here you can see how I covered it up with FB, so the flaps rest solid when closed. Plus it is extended into just in front of the aileron cut out to fill that gap once the top skin goes on... View attachment 158371
Here is what it looks like with the flap open from the bottom of the wing, the cavity is covered nice and smooth. I did the same thing on the Bushwhacker as well back in the day. You can also see where I located the servo mounting hole, this will be perfect position for the cooling intakes to cover up the servo
It looks great! Really makes me want to finish up the p-38 so I think I'll maybe add it to my build-ruary list...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I might have a few packs in there.

this will have 4 9g and two 5g servos, the last of what I have. Looks like the weather will be getting warmer over the next week or so as well. I really hope this Rx shows up soon, got some planes to crash :ROFLMAO:
I found out I have two slightly stripped servos in my edge today, so I’ll have to scavenge two more out of another plane or fix some others to finish up edge v2

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
@BATTLEAXE your progress looks great, looking forward to see you finish this off considering that you've been waiting on it for like forever.
Yea I did say I was gonna take my time with it, but I can't help myself. It definitely isn't my best work when it comes to the details, but really I just want to fly it. Then when I do I will build one to hang on the wall

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
@BATTLEAXE - you are making it look easy!
Honestly the Master Series did kind of intimidate me a little, not so much in the difficulty factor, but in the time in just to crash due to signal loss. I didn't want to get into a project that would take a bunch of time just to lose it on the maiden. But really it isn't that much more time then I would put into a old school FT plane. It has its flaws right now but the more I build the better it will get