The Spit of All Spits

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Master Series Spitfire

2015_CKS_10608_0161_000(a_vickers_supermarine_spitfire_mk_1a_-_p9374_originally_built_early_19).jpg

Here we have it, as promised by the Bix, The plane that anyone who builds and flies it loves, the new version of the Spitfire. This is the thread that will be dedicated to all those who want to build it, are building it, and have already built it. The group build thread is open to all and open to all ideas, mods and livery's. Let the games begin!

Master Series Spitfire Plans

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I have the wing bottoms cut out and I will say this looks a little bigger then expected, or even compared to the original Spit...
20200216_175459.jpg

So I thought I would do a comparison, knowing David W. designs the FT Racer to his Spitfire dimensions I wanted to see how much bigger...
20200216_175620.jpg

The wingspan is just over 48", and the wing chord is around 11"! This thing will look so sexy in the air!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Do you guys live close to each other?

Got the spars done, this is getting real now :love: View attachment 158204
I can't believe of all the planes I built this is my first MS build so far, feels like I should have done this sooner
We don't, but he's sent me 3D printed stuff before. Isn't it so fun?! It really makes me want to finish my P-38. Now that my mini edge is pretty much gone, maybe I can use the electronics from it in my P-38...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
We don't, but he's sent me 3D printed stuff before. Isn't it so fun?! It really makes me want to finish my P-38. Now that my mini edge is pretty much gone, maybe I can use the electronics from it in my P-38...
Were you just waiting for electronics to come up for the P-38? Where are all your 70 servos?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I am split on putting landing gear on this one. I will put reinforcement provisions in the wing for LG struts, but I am not sure if I will put them on right away once built. I like the clean profile of no LG in the air, but I think it would be awesome to ground take off as well. I have a feeling I will mostly be flying this one scale and less aerobatic, so LG in the air might not functionally matter as far as drag goes, plus the scoops hang down from the bottom wing so they could use some protection. If I go with no LG then I could make this a 3 channel AET like the first Spit I had... So many choices :unsure: