The Start of The SAB KR84 Design and Build.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Wedge filling is done along with some sanding :). Upper wing plates can go on now
2019_1009_060240_001.JPG
2019_1009_071011_001.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
Now it is scaled @bracesport :) ,
As is less the control horns, control rods and a little piece of wire for the bungee hook it scales in at 18.45 oz. It came in lighter then I thought it would with all that 3D printing.

NOW , the heavy c.r.a.p.

5000mah 6S Battery 28 oz
Motor, mount & prop 6.7 oz.
200A Esc & ext. BEC 4.95
rx is .3 oz
So total gear to go in is 42.95 oz.

Total weight all loaded up should be around 63 to 65 oz.

Next once all this glue cures I will start placing things into the plane and see if it will balance o_Oo_O . I have a few options if that 5000 6S battery is to heavy , I could use 2 smaller 2200 3S battery's and hook the parallel to each other to get 6S . I know I could also go to a smaller/ lighter 4S setup with the plane only weighing in at 18.45 oz. I have one setup that would give me around 70 oz of thrust and that setup weighs less then half of the 6S one.

bracesport

Legendary member
I had to convert the oz to g to get my head around this - 18.5oz is 525g so that is only slightly heavier than my Ridge Rat as a raw frame - but yikes it certainly adds up from there on your ship (1.8kgs) - luckily you have all the power in the world pushing it along - it would be interesting to know how far you could drill into the earth with a sharp nose like that (hopefully you won't though)! :D

I love how you just get it done!

Wildthing

Legendary member
I had to convert the oz to g to get my head around this - 18.5oz is 525g so that is only slightly heavier than my Ridge Rat as a raw frame - but yikes it certainly adds up from there on your ship (1.8kgs) - luckily you have all the power in the world pushing it along - it would be interesting to know how far you could drill into the earth with a sharp nose like that (hopefully you won't though)! :D

I love how you just get it done!

That battery is the real kicker. I have the motor mounted and just moving things around it will be tight getting the battery back enough and boy an 1/8" movement on the battery makes a huge difference once you get close to the cg. I might have to go with 2 2200 3S batteries , already have the Y battery connector built already to run them inline.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
@Wildthing - this is mind-blowing power you are working with - did you see this posted yesterday (very cool and reminded me of what you are up to!? :D

It's always good to be reminded of what one can aspire too. I'm still just flying and just trying not to crash! :LOL: That was pretty darn cool. I'm glad you shared it. :)

Wildthing

Legendary member
Looks like the 5000 mah 6S battery is out, just can't move it back far enough to balance it properly. Weighed in 2 3000 mah 3S batteries, almost 10 oz less and I am in the middle of the battery bed so loads of room for adjustment. Won't have quite the same wot power but it will also be 10 oz less.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Not much done yesterday, had to do that thing called work :D . Hatch is cut in for the esc, that big brick just fits ;). I may do a 3D printed cover for it that will be an air vent and have a couple skids on it for landing so you don't tear it off. .
2019_1010_062024_001.JPG
2019_1010_064725_001.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well finished soldering some battery lead extensions onto the esc and esc is now in the plane. I threw the prop on and did a vertical thrust test, I am really nervous about this guy now :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, holy moly (for a better choice of words) , unreal lift just at half throttle. Look out China hear she comes :LOL::LOL:

Now to tidy things up in the battery bay and install a hook for the bungee chord.