The STORCH - Reborn!

PoorManRC

Master member
Here's a pic of my new landing gear set up...pretty standard honestly. Like I said, just need to get some bigger tires.

View attachment 140258

View attachment 140259

The landing gear is actually Flyzone Sensei landing gear. Took a gamble with it and had to drill some different holes, but it works!

That looks plenty strong... EVERYWHERE!!! 💪
Is the Foam in the Fuse TRIPLED on both sides? 😲

I'm still finishing the Scout... But I did some thinking.
With my Tricycle Landing Gear on this, even a perfectly flared Landing, will put a LOT of impact force on the Main Gear!

I MAY need to not only reinforce the Fuse Floor, but also the inner Walls from the Floor Brace...

U-Shaped, like in the FT Legacy. Shouldn't be TOO hard to accomplish without weighing a Ton!! 😜

.... Like the dark shade of Blue too! 👍👍

PoorManRC

Master member
I know, right? I’ve been taking the plans that don’t use the swappable power pods an make em fit.

I'm learning that's possible on a few different models. It's just Foam after ALL!!

Some requires some creativity.... I.E. the Simple Scout. ODD little Power Pod, solid round top...
At some point I MIGHT try cutting out the top of the Fuse - and making a REMOVABLE Turtle Deck on top... Like the Sportster, Cruiser, or even MiG-3.
Pop off the T.D., and pop in and out the Battery through the TOP. 😉

LEAVING the bottom open, for the ESC, to get maximum Cooling!!

What do you think?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'm learning that's possible on a few different models. It's just Foam after ALL!!

Some requires some creativity.... I.E. the Simple Scout. ODD little Power Pod, solid round top...
At some point I MIGHT try cutting out the top of the Fuse - and making a REMOVABLE Turtle Deck on top... Like the Sportster, Cruiser, or even MiG-3.
Pop off the T.D., and pop in and out the Battery through the TOP. 😉

LEAVING the bottom open, for the ESC, to get maximum Cooling!!

What do you think?
Sounds good! Since the scout power pod is actually a cut swappable powerpod, I fly all my standard sized models off the little powerpod. @Justin1970 made a cool article on his removable wing mod on his scout... https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/simple-scout-removable-wing-modification.59597/

PoorManRC

Master member
I'm IMPATIENTLY waiting to Maiden my Baby Blender...
So I thought I'd give the Storch a little love!
IMG_20191211_163238.jpg

.... Just like I did on my P-40, hinged in the MIDDLE.
IMG_20191211_163719.jpg
IMG_20191211_164008.jpg
IMG_20191211_164420.jpg
IMG_20191211_164753.jpg

That Hstab is nearly as long as the Blender's Main Wing!! 😳