The store and California fires.

n0ukf

I wasn't looking at FT at the time but I'm wondering now how hard the last couple years of wildfires in northern California affected the store (I noticed my order tracking shows it coming from Chico, not far from destroyed Paradise). Was the store damaged? Were shipments in and out just delayed due to evacuations?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I wasn't looking at FT at the time but I'm wondering now how hard the last couple years of wildfires in northern California affected the store (I noticed my order tracking shows it coming from Chico, not far from destroyed Paradise). Was the store damaged? Were shipments in and out just delayed due to evacuations?

There were evacuations in Chico, but from what i understand, it didn't damage the store. It might've affected shipping temporarily, but the fires have been out for some time and business is back to normal. I've seen several people reporting that they've been getting packages promptly recently. :)

n0ukf

I didn't mean to imply that they were still affecting shipping (in case that's what anyone thought), just wondering how it was back then. My grandparents lived in Paradise decades ago (house gone now) and an uncle lives in Ukiah (some property loss 2 years ago).

Antioch

Was at the retail store briefly in sept.... which was fine.... hadn’t seen the warehouse which is of course where all the main stuff ships from.... but the store was very close to walmart where so many people from paradise stayed. Some some fire activity but didn’t head towards the paradise area. Guys in the retail store were saying it effected a lot of people locally one way or another.