The Talespin Tavern -all things off topic

Off-topic jes

Elite member
The Tavern’s been kind of quiet gentleman well if you didn’t get the vision for the super sportster here it is
F35B2FE1-E181-41A3-9452-9CD3E718B8D7.jpeg

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Well my friend first coffee shop was closed down due to well I don’t know why and then this is the second one it was called coffee shop 2.0 but we changed it to tailspin Tavern to honor a wonderful classic show if you’re familiar with it

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Friends I need to plane that I can just fly and build out of hot wire foam, can you help me out here specifically some thing I could just do bush flying with?

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Well chaps I hate to say this but I’m getting discouraged in the hobby all I do is build and I don’t get to fly often I’d like to get back onto the field like I used to but I’m starting to get discouraged, plus I don’t have any friends in the hobby it’s just me

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Well chaps I hate to say this but I’m getting discouraged in the hobby all I do is build and I don’t get to fly often I’d like to get back onto the field like I used to but I’m starting to get discouraged, plus I don’t have any friends in the hobby it’s just me
That pretty much describes me ....
My suggestion would be to find a couple of guys that are interested and train them up

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Welcome to my world LOL! I have like 20 planes or so waiting to maiden, mostly weather issues. Had two buddies I recruited but neither kept interest and got discouraged after a couple crashes. I'll get to fly them all eventually.

WillL84

100% that's me. Hell I don't even have time to build. I've got my 8-month old Legacy that's flown ONCE. I've got 4 kids from 8 months to 10 years at home so free time is kinda slim. Add to that the lack of available flying sites near me and it's a lose/lose.

Hell out of the 5 times I've flown the FT Airliner in the backyard it's got stuck in a tree 3 of them because of the differential-only steering that's terrible.

Off-topic jes

Elite member
well that’s not just the only problem, I’m not seeing any improvement in my building I used to go out and fly every morning and evening whether if it was with powered gliders or my bush planes and I was pretty dang good at flying but I haven’t flown in over eight months besides my glider but still just not going well.

Yankee2003

Discouragement is a by product of life.
I am finding new joy in the RC aviation through foamboard aircraft. Easy to get materials and cheap enough to experience different types of aircraft. The fact that they don’t last too long is a plus for me. Most people have too many airplanes and not enough flight opportunities. I was progressing into more and more expensive airplanes and discontent over all the new “must have” aircraft pushed on YouTube that I didn’t have room or money for. Same flying situation…seems like that is the hardest area to maintain.
But having been around a number of years…I do think there is more paranoia over just flying in a local school or ball field. More locks on gates, and way more people just wanting to control everything around them. I was doing a taxi test of an airplane at a nearby elementary school and a police officer showed up before I had finished. He was asking what I was planning to do because a neighbor was concerned over the reason someone might be on school grounds after school hours.
Forget ball fields around here…they all have concession stands, lights and locked gates.
I used to be into FPV quads but that situation is even worse. People think you are spying or peeping on them. If I didn’t have an RC club nearby I doubt I would even fly the RC aircraft anymore.
Keep looking for places to fly. You might have to get permission from a church or farmer nearby. I know….but what are you going to do?

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Discouragement is a by product of life.
I am finding new joy in the RC aviation through foamboard aircraft. Easy to get materials and cheap enough to experience different types of aircraft. The fact that they don’t last too long is a plus for me. Most people have too many airplanes and not enough flight opportunities. I was progressing into more and more expensive airplanes and discontent over all the new “must have” aircraft pushed on YouTube that I didn’t have room or money for. Same flying situation…seems like that is the hardest area to maintain.
But having been around a number of years…I do think there is more paranoia over just flying in a local school or ball field. More locks on gates, and way more people just wanting to control everything around them. I was doing a taxi test of an airplane at a nearby elementary school and a police officer showed up before I had finished. He was asking what I was planning to do because a neighbor was concerned over the reason someone might be on school grounds after school hours.
Forget ball fields around here…they all have concession stands, lights and locked gates.
I used to be into FPV quads but that situation is even worse. People think you are spying or peeping on them. If I didn’t have an RC club nearby I doubt I would even fly the RC aircraft anymore.
Keep looking for places to fly. You might have to get permission from a church or farmer nearby. I know….but what are you going to do?
well it is very expensive to use balsa, it’s a hard decision because I’ve been in the Balsawood hobby since I started but I think I’m gonna transition over the foam board for a while just to see how it goes. so I think once I get the super supposed finished I’m done with balsa for a while

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Well speaking of foam builds I just built my first FT scout! to be my little bush plane I guess I put a very small motor on it to hopefully have a slower plane but this motor took my tiny tony up to 100 mph so it wont lack View attachment 229553 View attachment 229555 View attachment 229554 power
Awesome, I think FB planes are great as there is no stress if you damage them or crash them generally the electronics are fine.
And you can really push their limits. And try out new things you might not have with balsa.