The Talespin Tavern -all things off topic

voyhager3

Ok, 2 things:
1- what have a missed?

2- I have a random idea while in class today.
Context: I keep my bind plug on my key chain because it was boring with just my house and car keys. I though, you know what would be something, a “key” for each different plane.​
My idea was to split one of the wires on the esc to the receiver, like the ground or something besides the signal, and split it into a 5+ pin DuPont with basically a jumper wire to act as the “key”. No clue if it would work, thoughts?​

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Has anyone else put in a set of LED strips. and Does your wiring harness look like a simple wiring harness for an car engine?
1662567840643.png
'cause you know... 2 wires for some, 3 wires for RGB adressable except for the others which are 4 wires, 4 for the older versions of RGB. oh, yeah, you want Landing lights and nav lights, if you want them independantly powered... that will be a few more wires... and the RGB controllers... you need those. (see picture above for the idea).

not a complaint, just wondering if I am doing it the hard way, as per usual?

Hondo76251

Legendary member
@FoamyDM kinda whats kept me from doing too many with lights, with all the other stuff i put on already i think half the planes weight would be copper! Has to be a better way! Lol

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
@Hondo76251 thanks for helping me feel grounded in this.
I forgot, I took a picture of what I'm using yesterday.
IMG_20220907_133910840.jpg

The yellow is the battery power supply. The first JST is where the remote switch hooks in. Then it splits to the 4-wire RGB or the 2-wire white.

The RGB splits 3 ways; tail, nose and wings. The wings then split into two, one for each wing.

The white cuts in a jst for the fuse and rudder, and fuse end orientation white LEDs. Then splits to the wings. At the end of the wing LEDs are orientation colors front left - red, rear strong white. The right front is green and rear strong white. I want them to the rear white lights to blink. Maybe next time.

Off-topic jes

Elite member
@Hondo76251 thanks for helping me feel grounded in this.
I forgot, I took a picture of what I'm using yesterday. View attachment 230190
The yellow is the battery power supply. The first JST is where the remote switch hooks in. Then it splits to the 4-wire RGB or the 2-wire white.

The RGB splits 3 ways; tail, nose and wings. The wings then split into two, one for each wing.

The white cuts in a jst for the fuse and rudder, and fuse end orientation white LEDs. Then splits to the wings. At the end of the wing LEDs are orientation colors front left - red, rear strong white. The right front is green and rear strong white. I want them to the rear white lights to blink. Maybe next time.
hondo onaca.....

Off-topic jes

Elite member
I built a pair of scratch Balsawood gliders and painted them if anyone wants one
540D129C-67BA-4405-B994-04D57EB672C6.jpeg

Attachments

• FC455CEC-177A-4D2A-BB59-47274DD17CEA.jpeg
    FC455CEC-177A-4D2A-BB59-47274DD17CEA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Taildragger

Legendary member
presenting...

The FireFox!!!

Kitfox fire cowl.png

This probably isn't a familiar plane to you now, but it will be soon.
The full scale is in the process of being built by @the_firefox_project on Instagram.
I'm building a 1/6 scale balsa version. Let's see if I can do it in just 4 weeks!

Bo123

Elite member

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Hello everybody I would like to apologize in advanced, but my posting is going to become more less frequent due to family problems. We just found out that my older brother has terminal cancer… and that we need to spend as much time with him as we can so that means less time in the shop thank you everyone for your support and I hope to see you at flight fest 2023

Bo123

Elite member
Hello everybody I would like to apologize in advanced, but my posting is going to become more less frequent due to family problems. We just found out that my older brother has terminal cancer… and that we need to spend as much time with him as we can so that means less time in the shop thank you everyone for your support and I hope to see you at flight fest 2023
I’m so sorry for you and your family. Best wishes.