The Talespin Tavern -all things off topic

OliverW

Legendary member
Hello everybody I would like to apologize in advanced, but my posting is going to become more less frequent due to family problems. We just found out that my older brother has terminal cancer… and that we need to spend as much time with him as we can so that means less time in the shop thank you everyone for your support and I hope to see you at flight fest 2023
I’m so sorry to hear that, that must be so hard on you and your family

OliverW

Legendary member
Why do Rc air fields have to be near a major road . i have not seen an airfield that is on a kind of secluded area were you are not thinking what if i hit a car on the road and cause and accident.
Mine is a good ways out from any major road. Carl Henson Field in Eugene Oregon aka Eugene RC aeronauts.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
as a reminder, there is a Build night tonight from 8-11pm EDT in the AviationRCNoob discord group. It would be an honor to build with you folks here. (some of you again)

1663952169906.png

Off-topic jes

Elite member
image.jpg
well long story short I got a pair of plans and I would like to build them and make it electric but I am not sure what electronics I need I’m thinking 3 to 4 g servos but for the motor and battery I have no clue I figured you guys would know because you always help me with this kind of thing

foamboardflyer

View attachment 230659 well long story short I got a pair of plans and I would like to build them and make it electric but I am not sure what electronics I need I’m thinking 3 to 4 g servos but for the motor and battery I have no clue I figured you guys would know because you always help me with this kind of thing
You can use a 2200 kv 250 motor on 2-3s (power pack A) try 2s and if it's not enough try 3s

foamboardflyer

Oh not to the flight test link but thanks for your help anyway
what website do you buy your RC gear? I'll send links for motor, etc. also I probably should have asked this before recommending electronics but what kind of power setup do you want ie trainer plane or bush plane, etc.

Off-topic jes

Elite member
what website do you buy your RC gear? I'll send links for motor, etc. also I probably should have asked this before recommending electronics but what kind of power setup do you want ie trainer plane or bush plane, etc.
No they’re a pair of old plans for a bushmaster I found them on outer zone and it looked pretty neat plus I scaled it down so it’s basically a micro bush plane now I’m looking for smaller electronics that will make it light but I have plenty of power to do some nice bush l flying, and thanks for the follow!

foamboardflyer

You can see the general size of the plane on the plans that’s why I put that tape measure there View attachment 230662 View attachment 230663
Here’s a chart on how to figure your power to weight.
5DAFD155-7D21-4E39-9B87-8C6BFB8B5252.jpeg
and seeing the plane built I think you’ll need a bigger motor than I thought, what I do is ether look at a chart like this one or what I probably do more often is look at a plane of similar size like a Flite Test model or something and use the same motor and battery combo, Hope this helped.