The TriKUZI effect V1 - My tricopter design

Jnr Kuzi

"Note: this design has been done on paper, i am yet to make proper plans"
So,I've been interested in multirotors for about 8months now, but the cost of building one is not friendly.lol so i spend most of time designing & drawing frame types & this one is my favourite so far.
Pros : I like the detail factor because it will be able to hold & protect all electronics while it still keeps a Neat Clean build.

Cons : i think, who ever builds it will need a powerful system because i suspect it will be a heavy one.. Which is bad for low budget rc Guys.

Specs :
Body - 20cm Long, 16cm wide
Booms - 15mm x 12mm x 250mm

Materials i recommend :

wood, wood, wood, unless you have access to a laser/cnc cutter that will give you the Ability to make a snap & glue model.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
You could try and shape the "roof" using some kind of plastic. which would make it a lot lighter. For the body and arms wood is a great material.

Jnr Kuzi

hey balu, i was considering plastic too but then i thought a really slim wood like 2mm ply wood or balsa wood would give me a better design for the sides & then a plastic cannopy infront for the Fpv system.

Would that work?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Sure. Balsa should be light enough. Heck, you could even just use some paper / carton or similar since the "hood" is not a structural part.