The Triplane Tribuild! (Catchy, huh?)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
What other fish, you may be asking? I am ridiculously proud of myself. I managed to program a three position switch of my choice with, you guessed it, three different rates! Whoohoo!

Switch down: 60% of total throw with 30% expo.
Switch mid: 100% throw with 30% expo.
Switch up: 100% throw and 0 expo.

I figure the right thumb is going to be busy, so I picked the switch right above the left stick. I seem to able to move it with a finger, and not have to take a thumb off a stick.

I had a mental blockage with OpenTX that I've overcome, at least enough to program some throws and expo on a chosen switch. Even better, I've learned enough to know what I wanted that switch to DO!

Pretty cool, huh?!! It's been a good evening. :D

mayan

Legendary member
What other fish, you may be asking? I am ridiculously proud of myself. I managed to program a three position switch of my choice with, you guessed it, three different rates! Whoohoo!

Switch down: 60% of total throw with 30% expo.
Switch mid: 100% throw with 30% expo.
Switch up: 100% throw and 0 expo.

I figure the right thumb is going to be busy, so I picked the switch right above the left stick. I seem to able to move it with a finger, and not have to take a thumb off a stick.

I had a mental blockage with OpenTX that I've overcome, at least enough to program some throws and expo on a chosen switch. Even better, I've learned enough to know what I wanted that switch to DO!

Pretty cool, huh?!! It's been a good evening. :D
Great to hear buddy just watch out not to be at 100% throw with 0 to expo all the time :).

sundown57

Legendary member
finally got to test fly the plywood DR1. I ended up crashing it like 4 times but the only thing that failed was the foamboard wing. the top wing stayed on and the landing gear stayed on even though it did bend the metal axel a few times. so overall I'm pleased. and it was a blast to fly it.

Attachments

• IMG_3683.JPG
    IMG_3683.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3699.JPG
    IMG_3699.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
finally got to test fly the plywood DR1. I ended up crashing it like 4 times but the only thing that failed was the foamboard wing. the top wing stayed on and the landing gear stayed on even though it did bend the metal axel a few times. so overall I'm pleased. and it was a blast to fly it.

Alright! You've got some good, seat of the pants flying, a little bit of aerobatics, and plenty of crashing! Great video! Personally, I'm impressed with how well your struts held up. My understanding is they are the first to go, and you just crash and crash, and up in the air again. Beautiful.

What damage the plane apparently did take is decidedly minimal with foamboard. Heck, it looks like all you've got to do is straighten the wire for the landing gear and glue the wing pieces back together. No where near what I went through to get this bird airworthy again:

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/what-its-not-a-mini-simple-scout-build.58166/page-3

If you'd had a battery powered glue gun, you could have repaired it right then and thrown her right back into the air. Excellent showing, @sundown57. I hope mine comes back home looking as good as yours does! (y)

Jimun

Elite member

Good job. Looks and sounds like you had a lot of fun.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Alright guys, here you go!! (sexy headgear and all!)

Now, lets see what you've got! ;)

Absolutely perfect day to fly today! Took the $11 Tiny trainer, the Dr.1 and my repaired Mustang, every one got a battery and every one made it home in one piece (even the $11tt which landed on the far side of a 6' ditch full of water... I was trying to get it to flat spin...) :rolleyes:

mayan

Legendary member
Alright guys, here you go!! (sexy headgear and all!)

Now, lets see what you've got! ;)

Absolutely perfect day to fly today! Took the $11 Tiny trainer, the Dr.1 and my repaired Mustang, every one got a battery and every one made it home in one piece (even the $11tt which landed on the far side of a 6' ditch full of water... I was trying to get it to flat spin...) :rolleyes:
Amazing flight man. Really enjoyed watching it. Two loops you went crazy :).