There is PPM OR PWM signal but motors don't spin.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I’m no expert with flight controllers, I’d try to test the components, connect the ESC directly to a Rx to see if it works. Connect a servos or, something you know works to the flight controller to see if it responds.

Nacerme4

it working when Arduino PWM output is I directly connected to esc. But What I need is the signal from Arduino to the Naze32 and then power from the naze32 to the engines.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
it working when Arduino PWM output is I directly connected to esc. But What I need is the signal from Arduino to the Naze32 and then power from the naze32 to the engines.
So is the Naze changing the signal, or just passing it through? Is it possible that the Arduino a different pulse width? Or not operating within the 1000 to 2000 range the Naze is expecting? Try using a PWM Rx to control the Naze, just to eliminate any of those issues.

Nacerme4

I use code at arduino. ppm[2] = map(analogRead(A0),0,1023,1000,2000);
I tried pwm. this ppm signal but not change.

You say PWM RX. Are you advice?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member

Yes, try to control the Naze with a Rx that outputs PWM. If it works, it would suggest a problem with your Arduino, possible settings are not correct, if the Rx can’t control the Naze, it would suggest a problem with Naze. Keep in mind, I don’t know anything about Naze or Arduino, just trying suggest ways to isolate the problem.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member

Rethinking the problem. A Rx outputting a PPM should also be tried to control Naze.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
In the videos, I didn't see you arm the board.. Are you using a switch? One thing to note is that Cleanflight/betaflight etc won't arm unless the throttle signal is below min_check (default is 1080 or something) so it will never arm with that self centering throttle stick.

Also, newer versions of BF won't arm while connected to the GUI, though I think that was added after F1 (Naze) support was dropped.

Nacerme4

#include <Servo.h>

Servo k1;
Servo k2;
Servo k3;
Servo k4;

int val;
void setup() {
k1.attach(6);
k2.attach(9);
k3.attach(10);
k4.attach(11);