There was this swap-meet today and despite not needing any more planes currently...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
...this sort of ended up in the boot of my car.
IMG_20190323_183238994.jpg
it was only £20 and includes the brushless motor and a 20Amp ESC.
It looks fairly scale, ailerons and elevator controls (no rudder).

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
WOW, awesome find!! Let us know how it flies.
I've got an 800mm Mustang kit I need to finish and crash...
It has obviously been on the shelf a fair time, some of the ply to foam joins had dried up, nothing a spot of UHU por can't resolve.
All it needs to complete is a couple of servos. On the ripmax site a replacement ESC is over £20. I checked out the makers address on Google street view and it's now Ripmax.
Hopefully it won't take long to get this plane into crashing/flying condition.

Bricks

Master member
It sniffle sniffle brings sniffle sniffle tears to my sniffle sniffle eye`s when I see sniffle sniffle an unwanted plane. Lucky plane it got a very good home someone to brush it off, clean it up and make it do what it is suppose to do FLY..

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Most woman develope shoe addictions. You chose planes.

Any bets which cost more over say a decade of purchases?🤑👢👡👠👟👞

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Most woman develope shoe addictions. You chose planes.

Any bets which cost more over say a decade of purchases?🤑👢👡👠👟👞
Shoes.....yes, I love my shoes but I've never been a 'Labels' girl, at my age, comfort begins to be more important than style ;):D
@mayan - It was a terrific bargain I think.

Just needs a receiver fitting now...

IMG_20190324_201422512.jpg IMG_20190324_201443456.jpg

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I'm not keen on the prop/spinner combo, very difficult to balance.
At the same swap meet - picked up two of these spinners for £1 - As they were yellow I had the perfect plane for one...
IMG_20190324_203911441.jpg

kilroy07

Legendary member
Wow Caroline those are both Amazing! (hope the spit flies as well as it looks!)

That racer is making me rethink my method of building 5 airplanes/week and focusing on one really nice one.
Well done. (y)(y)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Wow Caroline those are both Amazing! (hope the spit flies as well as it looks!)

That racer is making me rethink my method of building 5 airplanes/week and focusing on one really nice one.
Well done. (y)(y)
I maidened the FT-RACER on Wednesday gone, flew just like it was described in the FT YouTube videos, like it was on rails. The new yellow spinner is just the cherry on the top :)
The Spitfire I think will fly fine but it does feel quite fragile so I will try and fly it a scale as possible. Definitely worth a punt at £20!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Interested in how you ended up in this hobby?
I've always loved, no, been obsessed with flying/spaceflight. I remember those first steps on the moon when I was just eight. My late uncle used to fly gliders and light aircraft at Lasham airfield near Reading and occasionally I was allowed to stay with him (along with my elder brother) for a long weekend and go flying. Gliders are amazing to fly in. Once I had my two boys and they were old enough I took up model aeroplane flying, teaching myself and involving them at the same time. Sadly, neither of them were interested and after a couple of years family life took over completely and I stopped flying.
Now they are all grown up, I'm divorced, moved to Yorkshire and I have the time again to re-ignite that hobby.