There was this swap-meet today and despite not needing any more planes currently...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
More of a 'cool wall' than Top Gear ever had....
IMG_20190325_210157560.jpg

L Edge

Master member
I've always loved, no, been obsessed with flying/spaceflight. I remember those first steps on the moon when I was just eight. My late uncle used to fly gliders and light aircraft at Lasham airfield near Reading and occasionally I was allowed to stay with him (along with my elder brother) for a long weekend and go flying. Gliders are amazing to fly in. Once I had my two boys and they were old enough I took up model aeroplane flying, teaching myself and involving them at the same time. Sadly, neither of them were interested and after a couple of years family life took over completely and I stopped flying.
Now they are all grown up, I'm divorced, moved to Yorkshire and I have the time again to re-ignite that hobby.

WoW!! It is people like you that will keep the hobby going and moving forward. Be sure to try every aspect of the hobby.

IanSR

It's a shame the kids today are not overly interested, in our club most have teenagers, none are interested, my son occasionally flies, but mostly he just loves the BMFA stickers his membership gets lol (his confidence was knocked last year when he crashed one of my planes, I wasn't annoyed that he crashed it, the only thing that concerned me was where it crashed (into a house) nothing was damaged other than pride, but he's also very impatient and doesn't want to learn - he can't believe it took me weeks to teach myself to fly).

I'm hoping one day he'll just get so fedup with the computer that he will want to go out and fly with his old man, but until then I'll just wait, I'm patient lol.

My LongEZ flew twice, first time it did a loop then crashed, second time it went round the field a few times before the ESC caught fire (too small) and it got cremated, luckily it had just rained so no bush fires.

mayan

Legendary member
I've always loved, no, been obsessed with flying/spaceflight. I remember those first steps on the moon when I was just eight. My late uncle used to fly gliders and light aircraft at Lasham airfield near Reading and occasionally I was allowed to stay with him (along with my elder brother) for a long weekend and go flying. Gliders are amazing to fly in. Once I had my two boys and they were old enough I took up model aeroplane flying, teaching myself and involving them at the same time. Sadly, neither of them were interested and after a couple of years family life took over completely and I stopped flying.
Now they are all grown up, I'm divorced, moved to Yorkshire and I have the time again to re-ignite that hobby.
No shit! You also devorced. Damn @CarolineTyler I learn something new about you every day. :)

mayan

Legendary member
More of a 'cool wall' than Top Gear ever had....
View attachment 127331
Love the wall :).

It's a shame the kids today are not overly interested, in our club most have teenagers, none are interested, my son occasionally flies, but mostly he just loves the BMFA stickers his membership gets lol (his confidence was knocked last year when he crashed one of my planes, I wasn't annoyed that he crashed it, the only thing that concerned me was where it crashed (into a house) nothing was damaged other than pride, but he's also very impatient and doesn't want to learn - he can't believe it took me weeks to teach myself to fly).
A real shame that he doesn't try again. Ain't nothing better than getting back on the sticks after a crash. I am trying to get my kids addicted while they are young maybe it will make a change when they are teenagers.

Bricks

Master member
Around here the younger generation seems to enjoy RC trucks much more then planes. Trucks are what is keeping the one local hobby shop open he only has 2-5 planes and the rest of the store is truck stuff.

IanSR

We've all been there, last weekend I hit power lines and yesterday a tree (that wasn't there last week rofl).

kilroy07

Legendary member
That looks completely repairable....
It just probably sat in that box too long and forgot how to fly!